Legoland or Chessington?

(10 Posts)
overthebar Tue 09-Apr-13 14:14:26

Note that the water play area is closed and under construction at the moment. Supposed to open in May by which time there may even be some sunshine to go with it!

QOD Thu 04-Apr-13 20:49:01

If you go on a hot day, take their swimming trunks and a towel, there's a great water play area.
You can spend a day or two days! It depends if your boys will want to wander round looking at every Lego building or if they'll race round and be done. Bit of a how long is a piece of string one!

Rosvita Thu 04-Apr-13 20:16:33

Thanks QOD.i'm swaying towards Legoland as that is where Ds has said he wants to go (sure he would like Chessington but doesn't know it exists!).Do you think it is necessary to have 2 days there or would 1 day be sufficient?using the above link we can go for £118ish for 1 day and night in nearby hotel or for £160 on LL website can go for 2 days /1 night.thanks

QOD Thu 04-Apr-13 19:35:32

I would have thought legoland at that age.
Chessington is deffo a great day out but lots of bigger rides, whereas most of Legoland is for littlies

Rosvita Thu 04-Apr-13 19:33:53

Sunny day thanks I will check that link out.ThreeBee it will me and dh who 'doesn't do rides' hmm and Ds nearly 5, dd nearly 3 (should be just over 90cm I'm hoping!).thanks.

What I mean is that your son would probably enjoy either, but how old are the other children going?

In my opinion it depends on their age. We have found that Chessington is best for 4 to 10 year olds.
Legoland is best for 6 to 12 year olds.
Thorpe park and Alton Towers good for older ones.

sunnyday123 Thu 04-Apr-13 09:03:57
sunnyday123 Thu 04-Apr-13 09:03:27

http://www.budgetfamilybreaks.co.uk/

Have you checked this site? Hotel, tickets for LL for family of four from £115 in may half term?

Rosvita Wed 03-Apr-13 20:54:42

Hi all, have posted a few times about Legoland but now am debating whether to go to Chessington instead.I have been to both when I was a lot younger but can't remember much to help me make a decision now!It's for my son's 5th birthday as he has an inset day from school.I have Kellog's vouchers I can use but after reading on another post have seen can use toddler deal and get all of us in for £36 to Chessington as opposed to at least double that for LL.either way we are wanting to stay in a hotel overnight-doing Chessington or LL using the vouchers would be for 1 day/1night but booking a deal would be 2 days/1 night.Chessington less than £120 for 1 day/1 night-at least £40 more for LL either 1 day with vouchers or 2 days for price of 1 deal.what do you reckon?thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now