Days out in Devon

(9 Posts)
Cloudminnow Thu 28-Mar-13 12:24:45

Any ideas for family friendly days out in Devon to do over Easter?

GetOeuf Thu 28-Mar-13 12:26:09

Are you thinking North or South?

Cloudminnow Thu 28-Mar-13 16:33:13

either would be fine!

GetOeuf Thu 28-Mar-13 16:43:05

There are lots of bonkers theme parks in north devon: these are good

www.watermouthcastle.com/ a castle with a dungeon, across the road from a nice bay about 3 miles from Ilfracombe

www.thebigsheep.co.uk/index.html this place is nuts but really good at spring time, this is just outside Bideford

www.themilkyway.co.uk/ this is good fun as well in a daft as a brush way, also just outside Bideford

There are also a couple of genuinely good wildlife parks

www.wildlifedinosaurpark.co.uk/?eprivacy=1 this is great - it's a dinosaur AND wildlife park, dd used to love this place when we lived there, it it just outside Combe Martin

www.exmoorzoo.co.uk/ this is great as well, bit off the beaten track (Bratton Fleming, arse end of nowhere) but well worth the trek

All these places are on the North Devon coast - if you are staying in Ilfracombe/Woolacombe/Croyde/Saunton area all are easily driveable for a day out.

GetOeuf Thu 28-Mar-13 16:44:14

http://www.diggerland.com/ this is good as well, just off J27 of the M5

GetOeuf Thu 28-Mar-13 16:44:25
Cloudminnow Thu 28-Mar-13 18:48:23

thanks oeuf! I'll check these out!

UniS Thu 28-Mar-13 18:55:41

Escot in East devon is a nice family day out. lots of wild life and lots of play spaces.
Miniture pony centre on Dartmoors Eastern side , is nice to. Lots of activities to join in with and animals to pet. Pennywell farm ( south devon ) is similar.

North Devon - the Lynton and Barnstable railway is nice in geeky kind of way. short ish train trip and lots to see as engines are turned and prepared at each end. They have New "heritage" carriages arriving sometime soon.

Bearcrumble Thu 28-Mar-13 19:08:27

When I was small I loved "A La Ronde" crazy round house with quirky stuff in inc. one room that was lined completely in shells and various cabinets of curiosities. Quite bonkers in a kind of Alice in Wonderland way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now