£19 to visit Chatsworth?!

(13 Posts)
renaldo Thu 21-Mar-13 07:46:25

I know , one of the richest families in Britain - fleecing the poor smile
Tis a great place to visit though

Yes I think you are right but then you do get some people put them on ebay (some people will ebay anything) I have had a look but there doesn't seem any listed. I used them for Chatsworth and Bleinheim so got a great saving.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:30:25

Annoyingly, we went to Castle HOward last year and were probably given those vouchers, which probably then went in the bin [doh!]

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:28:00

That pond is at Lyme Park isn't it?

Icapture thank you but I'm thinking you have to visit one of the stately homes to get the 2 for 1 voucher to visit another? Unless I'm being thick and can't see a more simple way to get it? [fingers crossed for thickness, tbh]

duchesse Wed 20-Mar-13 23:23:53

Is it the D'Arcy effect? Coachloads of tourists rocking up to see that pond?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:22:02

Hmm. Good idea re vouchers but a quick google suggests there aren't any offers at the mo.

Nineteen quid! shock Can't get over it....

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:18:58

Yes, some accommodation perhaps!

I know it's supposed to be a marvellous house and all that, but really...

Reviews on Tripadvisor don't seem to mention the price. I have to say, it's putting me off.

Yes very expensive I bought a 2 for 1 voucher off ebay for about 99p a couple of years ago may be worth a try.

Ponders Wed 20-Mar-13 23:18:35

mmm, it is a lot

we visited Chatsworth on a travelzoo package to a Derby hotel, which included masses of extras so we didn't notice the admission cost...

£19 covers everything though - house & garden only is £16 (still a lot but not quite as bad)

duchesse Wed 20-Mar-13 23:16:33

Sounds steep. We certainly wouldn't go there at that price. It would have to have B&B thrown in for it to be worth it. grin

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:10:40

Gwaaaan, it's not just me is it?

I mean, even some of the more expensive National Trust places are nothing like that.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:04:55

AIBU that this is a tad expensive?

Haven't been there before but it does seem a little steep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now