£19 to visit Chatsworth?!

(13 Posts)
MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:04:55

AIBU that this is a tad expensive?

Haven't been there before but it does seem a little steep.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:10:40

Gwaaaan, it's not just me is it?

I mean, even some of the more expensive National Trust places are nothing like that.

duchesse Wed 20-Mar-13 23:16:33

Sounds steep. We certainly wouldn't go there at that price. It would have to have B&B thrown in for it to be worth it. grin

Ponders Wed 20-Mar-13 23:18:35

mmm, it is a lot

we visited Chatsworth on a travelzoo package to a Derby hotel, which included masses of extras so we didn't notice the admission cost...

£19 covers everything though - house & garden only is £16 (still a lot but not quite as bad)

Yes very expensive I bought a 2 for 1 voucher off ebay for about 99p a couple of years ago may be worth a try.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:18:58

Yes, some accommodation perhaps!

I know it's supposed to be a marvellous house and all that, but really...

Reviews on Tripadvisor don't seem to mention the price. I have to say, it's putting me off.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:22:02

Hmm. Good idea re vouchers but a quick google suggests there aren't any offers at the mo.

Nineteen quid! shock Can't get over it....

duchesse Wed 20-Mar-13 23:23:53

Is it the D'Arcy effect? Coachloads of tourists rocking up to see that pond?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:28:00

That pond is at Lyme Park isn't it?

Icapture thank you but I'm thinking you have to visit one of the stately homes to get the 2 for 1 voucher to visit another? Unless I'm being thick and can't see a more simple way to get it? [fingers crossed for thickness, tbh]

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 20-Mar-13 23:30:25

Annoyingly, we went to Castle HOward last year and were probably given those vouchers, which probably then went in the bin [doh!]

Yes I think you are right but then you do get some people put them on ebay (some people will ebay anything) I have had a look but there doesn't seem any listed. I used them for Chatsworth and Bleinheim so got a great saving.

renaldo Thu 21-Mar-13 07:46:25

I know , one of the richest families in Britain - fleecing the poor smile
Tis a great place to visit though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now