History live! English heritage weekend

(6 Posts)
Daughteroughter Sat 16-Mar-13 10:34:38

Hi has anyone been? It looks fab, is it worth doing both days and could we take our dog obviously on a lead

Daughteroughter Sat 16-Mar-13 19:32:25

Please

Kirk1 Sat 16-Mar-13 22:23:14

I haven't been in a while (wanted to go last year but it was flooded out and cancelled) it was always a great event, lots going on, loads to see and do. You shouldn't have any difficulty taking your dog, so long as they're ok with loud bangs (military displays tend to be load) and loads of people!

Daughteroughter Sun 17-Mar-13 11:56:48

Thanks Kirk v excited its Ds birthday that weekend and he loves history

Kirk1 Mon 18-Mar-13 15:48:52

It's worth going both days, there is no way you'll be able to see everything you want to in one day. Also, take waterproofs and wellies. If its wet it turns into a mud bath.

A tarp or waterproof picnic blanket is a good idea for eating and watching some of the displays.

Oh and money. You'll be able to buy re-enactment quality tat, as well as the wooden swords and shields and dressing-up tat you normally find in EH shops! Plus there are usually some nice "medieval style" alcoholic beverages available. It's where I acquired my mead addiction....

Daughteroughter Mon 18-Mar-13 21:36:39

Excellent excellent excellent, will pass on the mead though still haven't recovered from a very messy experience with it 20 years ago....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now