The LEGOLAND 2013 Thread Top tips and recommendations

(317 Posts)
NoRoomForMeInMyBed Fri 15-Mar-13 15:31:21

To update from last years great threadlink to the 2012 thread

The park reopens today!!! I cant go until in a few weeks time , so if you have been, please update with this years new attractions and fun!! (Overexcited mummy here....)

Thankyou noroom, I'll check it out smile wondering whether i can use it with the cereal adults go free vouchers, i hope so grin

moonbells Sun 21-Apr-13 22:37:37

well we're off there tomorrow, my first time and so far DS has no idea... he thinks we're off to a soft play!!

Now to work out how to get there...

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Tue 23-Apr-13 19:11:38

moonbells how was your Day? Did DS love it?smile

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Thu 25-Apr-13 14:24:15

Kids go free vouchers on LittleDish meals at the moment!

AmandinePoulain Sun 28-Apr-13 08:07:04

Hello! I've got a few questions...

We're hoping to stay in the LL hotel for a night in August (I know, we must be mad but I don't want to take dd1 out of school and I work weekends) and pay for park entry with clubcard vouchers so I'm prepared to pay out for qbots. Dd2 will be just 1 so obviously won't be going on the bug rides, so could we get away with only buying 2 and taking it in turns to take dd1 on things? Or would we be better off buying 3 and using parent swap? And with parent swap, does dd1 go on twice, or does one of us have to ride alone? And I can't find the price of the boating school add on for qbot, anyone know how much it is and is it worth it?

Thanks, I'm very excited, it's going to be a surprise for dd1 and I'm going to find that very hard grin

AmandinePoulain Sun 28-Apr-13 08:08:12

BIG rides, I'm not sure I fancy bug rides grin!

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Sun 28-Apr-13 13:49:19

ammadine just get qbot for 2. Then take turns riding with DD1. As you wont queue, you just re book to go on again if both parents want to ride. The only problem will be the rides you can take the baby on, you wont be able to all go together, but as you share the qbot just rebook and take turns going.

AmandinePoulain Sun 28-Apr-13 14:32:51

Thanks. As we're staying in the hotel I'm going to use our 'bonus' half hour and head straight for Atlantis, so I won't bother to qbot that one anyway, we can all go on together then smile

notcitrus Sun 28-Apr-13 15:46:51

Does anyone know how long the bus takes from Windsor, and how often it goes? The site links to the bus company which doesn't mention those useful facts, nor how much the bus costs?

I went yesterday, the bus from Windsor which is near the Windsor castle is a shuttle bus which costs £10 for a return family ticket and takes about 20ish minutes.

The buses are quite often, around one every 20 mins or so and when you get to Legoland the stop has a timetable which you can look at it in regards to what time the buses leave when you want go home.
My tip is to take a photo of the timetable on your phone so you can glance at it when you are wanting to leave the park.

Had a wonderful day yesterday although the weather was a little up and down!
Food is very expensive there which is why I'm glad i took food with me. It was £13 each for a course for an adult and £6.95 for a child at the restaurant near the park shock we have 4 dc, so we walked straight back out after seeing how much the food cost and the all you can eat buffet was similar prices to that above each.
Although i did treat the dc to some chocolate coated waffles, but beware they are v messy.

Got to go on quite a few rides, the only one i would say was a waste of time was the Ferris wheel type ride near the Egyptian part of the park-thought the queue was short, but it took ages to load each family and stopped right at the top (gasp) only to go round twice, what a waste of time.
Atlantis is good, the kids loved it and all ages can go on it.
The diggers are great but there was a long queue for that but was worth it to see the dc faces.
There was a train thing that went in a circle, although looks harmless, it goes pretty fast, I'm surprised my 2yo liked it!-i had to go on it 3 times with 3 of my dc as they allowed me to do a child swap.
The models are excellent although a few of them could do with a revamp, and a lick of paint/new bricks.

Toilets, wonderfully clean and even have baby seats in a few of them to stap baby's into so parents hands free to use the loo.

They do a buggy hire for £8, wished i had done it as it would have saved 4yo from needing to nap in 2yo buggy after a long day as they do doubles too!

Gift shop is expensive, £12 for a basic cap shock, there was even a dress which wasn't anything special costing £69.00!!! I allowed the dc £10 each and even then there wasn't much they could afford so be prepared to part with lots of mulla.

There is a new duplo splash towers being built for may, it looks brilliant!

We and dc had a fun time, just wish we didn't live so far from Windsor. We left at 4, and didn't arrive home until just before 8:30, i ordered dinner for them when we got home and then they crashed out bless them.

Ilovehotchoc Mon 29-Apr-13 10:04:51

Hi quick question regarding the 2 for 1 voucher that noroom posted - it says on it that it must be accompanied by the
holder’s individual Coke Zone reward email, ID may be required. Has anyone had any problems just using the voucher on its own? Thanks

I don't know lovechoc but the cereal vouchers work out cheaper as you pay for the children rather than the adults. One adult goes free per one fully paid child, saves more money that way as adults are more expensive. You get them on side of coco pops, and other cereals, keep your eyes out for them.

Ilovehotchoc Mon 29-Apr-13 11:46:24

Thanks so much!

Munashe Mon 29-Apr-13 23:41:18

What activities are there near Legoland? We are thinking of going on Friday and do the hotel stay if there are interesting stuff to do nearby. Windsor castle is a bit pricey. Anything else nearby? Its my son's 5th birthday. We can drive back home but it will be nicer to find an add on so we have an excuse of an overnight stay.

moonbells Tue 30-Apr-13 11:46:13

NoRoom We had a great day in the main. Hardly any queues (5 mins for the boating, less for everything else) so we went on Atlantis 3 times (and would have been more had I let him!), Dino twice, big Dragon rollercoaster twice (his first rollercoaster!), loathed the Pirate ship (made him feel sick), but liked the viking variant. Would have gone on Viking wet ride twice too but bad mummy said no she was wet enough thanks!

Did labyrinth, spiders, boating school, and pirates playground (and DS fell about a foot or so off one bit and banged his head, there's another not-so-good story involving A&E at 11pm after he was belatedly sick, but then he'd spent the day eating crazy food like doughnuts, chips, chicken nuggets, sausages so after all the tests came out OK, they figured he was just sick cos of that and not the bump, Phew!)

nobodysfool Wed 01-May-13 17:18:19

We are off to Legoland tomorrow and staying the the hotel.Can anybody tell me if they have hair dryers in the rooms?We are in a basic pirate one.

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Wed 01-May-13 18:27:27

Munache, there are a few things to do, Thorpe Park and Chessington are not far if you fancy another theme park, otherwise Windsor Castle is lovely, lots of suits of armour and guns and swords that little boys like to look at!
There is a great softplay in Bagshot, called Jakes about 15 mins away, also Locks Ride Playground is 10 minutes away great big playground with water play in hot weather. Phoenix playgym in Bray is great but only certain times and only under5's admitted. The best softplay in Berks is in Winnersh, its called Kids In Action, its huge and has themed playareas, shop, hospital, cafe etc so you can easily spend a few hours playing (--eating cake and drinking lattes--) (--and mumsnetting--)
Beaconscot Model Village is approx 20 mins away, thats a nice day out, as well as Odds Farm Park, feeding animals, huge softplay with dropslides and the best coffee in Berks!
Windsor is quite nice for a stroll, you can do boat rides on the thames, and walk all around the castle, lots of shops and coffeeshops and restaurants, the old station is lovely for shops and coffee.
Heathrow Airport has a visitors centre, I havent been for years so not sure if its any good.
Coral Reef Leisure Pools in Bracknell are fantastic fun if you like swimming and waterslides.
Oh and Savill Gardens botanical gardens are lovely, Park up and walk over to the Punch Bowl to see the amazing display of rhododendrons and azaleas. Its a great park to scoot around and the coffee shop is great. My favourite is to park at Bishopsgate (free) and walk up to the copper horse, you have a fantastic view of windsor castle and Heathrow, then walk back and have lunch at the Fox and Hounds pub at Bishopsgate. You might even spot the royals out and about.

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Wed 01-May-13 18:28:17

Nobodysfool, we have stayed at the hotel but I cant remember hairdryers. Best thing is to ring and ask, if you can navigate through to a human being....grrrr....

amidaiwish Thu 02-May-13 18:08:50

Going tomorrow with a bunch of 9 year old girls. Hopefully lots of schools don't have insets and it'll be just us hmm

It looks like nice weather, we'll get there before 10, which rides should we do as soon as we get in before it gets busy??

Thanks!

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Thu 02-May-13 20:51:56

Amidaiwish, Boating school always gets busy, but if the girls want to do the rollercoaster head for the dragon kingdom area first and do the fast rides. Have a great day out!

amidaiwish Fri 03-May-13 08:08:03

Thank you! My dilemma is whether we need q-bots or not.... Decisions decisions

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Sun 12-May-13 09:08:11

The new Duplo splash towers opens on May 18, which means more spare clothes and swim stuff to carry!!! Hopefully fairytale brook should be back in action as well as X challenge (my favourite...smile).

xigris Sun 12-May-13 12:23:32

Hi, I have a question for the regular LL visitors: we're planning on going on the Friday before half term (May 24th) as DS1 has a school inset day. What do you think the queues will be like? Will we need a q-bot thingy? We're LL virgins so all advice gratefully appreciated! smile

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Mon 13-May-13 16:45:48

xigris dont worry, get there early and if you find the queues are building up then just go to the qbot kiosk in Lego City and buy a qbot. See how you go. If the weather is dodgy you will have no queues, if its sunny it will be busier. Have fun!!!

xigris Mon 13-May-13 18:06:37

Thanks loads for that NoRoom! I knew you'd answer the LL Klaxon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now