The LEGOLAND 2013 Thread Top tips and recommendations

(317 Posts)
NoRoomForMeInMyBed Fri 15-Mar-13 15:31:21

To update from last years great threadlink to the 2012 thread

The park reopens today!!! I cant go until in a few weeks time , so if you have been, please update with this years new attractions and fun!! (Overexcited mummy here....)

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Wed 10-Apr-13 10:32:50

Bertha I would say either or, you will prob have a quiet fri morning but busy afternoon, and on sat busyish all day. Its a tough call! If the weather is bad on the sat it might be quieter...

Kithulu Thu 11-Apr-13 23:12:56

Do you think it is still cold enough to need salopets? We are going on Saturday/Sunday.

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Fri 12-Apr-13 08:03:51

15 degrees forcast for sun so think salopettes would be overkill!smile have fun!smile

SqueakyCleanNameChange Fri 12-Apr-13 08:17:56

The advantage of taking Salopettes is that the weather is still a bit iffy for the big water rides (Squid Riders, Pirate Falls, Viking thing). We were there yesterday when it was a bit chilly and overcast and queues for Viking thing were minimal so if you had Salopettes then you could cash in.

Weather forecast much warmer for Sunday though.

cece Fri 12-Apr-13 09:07:27

Went again yesterday. It was much, much busier. Car park C and D both full as well.

Didn't go on many rides as queues were long, so we watched some of the shoes and had a good look around miniland. Plus spent some time in the building sheds.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 12-Apr-13 16:43:32

Waterproof trousers would be good rather than ski Salopettes. Still not warm enough for soggy pants to be any fun!

Hi there everyone, i have never been to Legoland before but I'm hoping to take the dc the first week of summer half term with those vouchers that come in the cereal which make adults free.
Because getting there will be such a struggle, live in Kent with no transport-will need to get train then a bus!! We are thinking of an overnight stay in travelodge so not to have to travel all the way home afterwards. We have 4 dc, but the travelodge will only let me add 2! Does this hotel not cater for more than 2adults 2children?
Just wondering whether any of you lovely lot know?
And I'm hoping to be pregnant by the (ttc), are there any light rides there for me to go on with children? Tia x

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 12-Apr-13 22:43:50

I've just realised that we have an inset day on June 21st and can get the same (great) deal that we had a couple of weeks ago.

Tempting........

tribpot Fri 12-Apr-13 23:01:29

I looked through this thread but I don't think anyone has done the park with someone in a wheelchair. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading the accessibility guide, which states that in some cases wheelchair access is via a flight of stairs. That's a new one.

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Sat 13-Apr-13 08:53:21

pumpkin the rides all have advice boards and are marked where pregnant women shouldnt ride. There are plenty of gentle rides, You wont get bored!smile
I know nothing about travellodge bookings, maybe ask in chat someone will know!!!
tribpot I have no experience of wheelchair access other than that there seems to be alot of parents and carers with wheelchair bound children visiting, and it is very accessible. I always have a double pushchair and there is nowhere I cant get through that I can think of. Try ringing them ( if you survive the automated answering system grrrrr) or post on their official facebook page, it seems to be well monitored.

SqueakyCleanNameChange Sat 13-Apr-13 09:18:06

There were loads of wheelchair users in the park, and the shows (4D, Duplo, Pirates), MiniLand and Star Wars MiniLand, and the Lego building sheds are all totally accessible. I didn't see any wheel

SqueakyCleanNameChange Sat 13-Apr-13 09:26:16

Oops premature post there. I didn't see any wheelchair users actually going onto rides - the only ones you'd be able to enter without leaving your wheelchair are Digger Challenge, Hill Train, Orient Expedition and Aero Nomad, but that's still enough (including the stuff in previous post) for a really fun day out. And their reputation is generally good for disability awareness.

Just reading all the threads on Legoland as we're going there tomorrow. I've searched high and low for waterproof trousers but everywhere seems to have stopped stocking useful things and it's all beach wear and swimsuits. Any ideas of high street places we can find some for ages 2, 5 and 6? Alternatively, how much are the expensive ones you can buy from the Legoland shops that someone mentioned upthread?

Very excited thanks to all this brilliant advice smile

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Sat 13-Apr-13 13:38:26

norkily Jojomaman Boots or TKMaxx.... Should still have some waterproofs...otherwise Muddypuddles or vikingkids online, but thats no good for tomorrow...sad

Boots! Hadn't thought of there... No luck in TK Maxx yesterday. Thanks - yes I realise I've left it much too late

cece Sat 13-Apr-13 14:11:55

sportsdirect or millets?

mummytime Sat 13-Apr-13 14:21:56

For Travelodge you have to have an adult in each room, so you will have to book 2 rooms, each with 1 adult and 2 children.

LadyMountbatten Sat 13-Apr-13 14:24:47

mine is go to paultons park instead its WAY nicer

Thankyou mummytime, will be cheaper for us to go straight home then as two rooms will take me way out of budget. Really looking forward to going in the summer though smile

AaDB Sat 13-Apr-13 18:22:03

DS really wants to go to LL. LL Hotel is prohibitively expensive and so we will have to stay elsewhere.

I'm thinking about half term at the end of May. Will it be so busy it isn't worth going?

Are there any benefits to staying in LL Hotel?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 13-Apr-13 19:24:33

Probable too late for Norks, but mountain warehouse had some good ones for £9.99

I think if you stay on site in the hotel you get into the park slightly earlier - not sure if it's enough to justify the extra £'s though - it wasn't for us!

Thanks all for suggestions, DH got some for the older DC in Sportsdirect. nothing for toddler. We do have a pair somewhere that would fit him but I can't find them sad

Hoping we don't have too much rain tomorrow

girliefriend Sat 13-Apr-13 21:17:04

Hi we went last Tuesday and had a fantastic day. It still pained me to pay so much money but it was good.

We (me and dd 7yo) both had lots of layers on and waterproof trousers and were warm enough. We took most of our own food in.

Dds favourite ride was the submarine one which is in the Atlantis bit (I think) it was really good. She found the dragon one that goes through the castle a bit scary and actually had a nightmare the following night about Dragons and Knights!!

girliefriend Sat 13-Apr-13 21:20:50

I got dds waterproof trousers and a waterproof pacamac from a camping shop (poss mountain warehouse), they were £9.99 each and will hopefully last her ages. What you get at LL are the big yellow things that go over your head and I am not convinced would keep you dry or warm. They cost about £3.50.

ariane5 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:30:56

Does anybody know about the exit pass (I think that's what its called) and if I could get one for dd2 (3) as we are going in June.
She has a condition called eds which causes her pain, dislocations and severe fatigue (she sleeps for up to 3hrs ev aft) and T1 diabetes which is very unstable (lots of hypos). I was wondering about the pass as then we wouldn't have to queue as she will only be up to going on rides in the morning really and then she might be fine but if we have to queue for ages knowing our luck her blood sugar will crash just as we get to front of line.

Could we get one for her? How do we apply for it-before we go or on the day ?

Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now