The LEGOLAND 2013 Thread Top tips and recommendations

(317 Posts)
NoRoomForMeInMyBed Fri 15-Mar-13 15:31:21

To update from last years great threadlink to the 2012 thread

The park reopens today!!! I cant go until in a few weeks time , so if you have been, please update with this years new attractions and fun!! (Overexcited mummy here....)

loveulotslikejellytots Mon 07-Oct-13 09:38:39

We're going on Saturday with Dniece 5 and Dnephew 7 for their Birthday present. We'll have a decent breakfast before we set off and we'll find a McDonalds or Harvester on the way home. We were thinking of taking some sandwiches for the kids, are there picnic areas with tables etc? Obviously if it's raining we may need to re-think this plan.

We're taking spare clothes and waterproofs etc. but are the water rides all in one place? I was thinking of doing the water rides last on the way out but if they are dotted around we might need to plan it a bit better.

LemonEmmaP Mon 07-Oct-13 09:59:20

Jelly - we ate our picnic in the enchanted wood (near the Pirate Ship) - there were some tables and also some trees that you could sit on, but they were all taken, so we sat on the grass.

As for the water rides, they are scattered around the park. Having said that, we headed for the Log Flume as our second to last ride (you get a bit wet on this one) and then did the Viking river ride last - you get pretty soaked on this one, but it's on the way back to the exits, so not so bad. We also did one over in the Duplo area - I forget its name but we got soaked for not much fun!

loveulotslikejellytots Mon 07-Oct-13 10:24:12

Brilliant, thanks lemon! I'll maybe say to the kids that the last hour and a half will be water rides. We're happy to get qbots as we're only there for the day, will that be long enough for the water rides?

MummyUmizoomi Tue 08-Oct-13 14:01:13

Hi loveyoulike there are loads of places for picknicks, some lovely grassy areas up near miniland, but also behind Squidrider (playground with tables) and there is a covered area next to the mexican eatery which is great for rainy days.
If you read some of the early posts on this thread everything is explained.
Eat your lunch in front of the pirate show, you need to be seated 20 minutes before the show to get a good seat so lay out your picknick blanketon the steps and tuck in! The coffees are good in the harbourside cafe, and the icecream shop sells fresh doughnuts.
Plan your qbotting carefully to maximise time. Check q times on your qbot and do other rides with less q time whilst queuing for popular rides.
If you are doing the waterrides last, do log ride first, take the hilltrain up to viking splash, then leg it down the hill for the raft on waterslide thing by duploland. You will be soaked.

dad5000 Tue 15-Oct-13 15:07:35

Er - Family of 4 costs £118 in advance online

2for1 ticket gets one adult free at full gate price so will cost £45 for adult plus £80 for two kids = £125

Do they think I'm stupid or something?

rhiannon134 Fri 18-Oct-13 10:19:01

Thanks for the reply to my last post. We are going this sunday, hopefully, with the two boys age 6 and 7. Leaving my 3 and a half year old daughter with her auntie as it's easier to do 2 adults and 2 children for going on rides, I didn't fancy leaving her in the queue! Also, it's a long drive and a very long day.
Hoping it will be fairly quiet, I couldn't bring myself to go in the summer holidays as I really really hate crowds. Hoping for overcast but not too cold and wet! Will not be doing Qbots, I totally refuse to be drawn into that trap... I think it't outrageous.

MrsFruitcake Thu 24-Oct-13 11:35:56

Anyone going for the fireworks this weekend? We went last year and the DCs loved it. Trying to work out the cheapest way of doing it though as really don't have the cash for full price.

MummyUmizoomi Mon 28-Oct-13 22:04:19

We did the fireworks last night, very well organized, loads of staff on hand and a slow but bearable exit out of the park. Much recommended the kids thought it was magical!

Rosvita Tue 05-Nov-13 23:12:25

Ok experienced legolanders - looking at booking for next year for Ds' birthday.looking at going 24th-25th July with one if the holiday packages.am I better to book holiday inn Heathrow with 2 days park entry for around £150 then add in basic q-bots (as it will be summer hols) or blow the budget and pay £279 for the LL hotel.will I still need q-bits if staying in the LL hotel (as an extra £60 on top of the £279 makes it significantly more expensive than staying at another hotel)? Thanks

Rosvita Tue 05-Nov-13 23:12:56

Apologies for typos-silly phone!

MummyUmizoomi Fri 08-Nov-13 07:45:23

rosvita if you add up petrol travelling to and from the Heathrow hotel in rush hour traffic, and the added aggro, I would pay the extra for the LL hotel and know you have no more travelling to do and can have a glass of wine in the bar when the park closes whils the kids play. Worth every penny. Have fun!

Rosvita Fri 08-Nov-13 10:32:42

Thanks for advice mummyumizoomi do you think I'll still need to fork out for a Qbot or should I see how we go on the first day and can always get it for the second day if needed.Can I wait to get one in the day or do they tend to sell out quickly (should I pay for one online prior to our visit)?Thanks.Hopefully the price will still be the same at the end of the month as I can't afford to pay for it until then!

Rosvita Thu 14-Nov-13 16:10:20

Drat it - waited too long and now price for LL hotel up to £334 for our dates - grrr.

slp123 Mon 30-Dec-13 23:10:57

Any lego land experts know why Qbots are not available to book for April 2014? We are thinking going back for dd's 5th birthday and was planning on taking advantage of deal that ends 6th Jan but can't see any Qbots to reserve.
Any replies appreciated.

Emaric Sun 09-Mar-14 16:53:58

Hi ive just searched for legoland info as im thinking of taking my son in may for a mini break. My son will be 28 months by the time we go and measures like 89cm at the mo without shoes. My question is how strict are they on the 90cm height restriction? Do they make them take there shoes off? Ive read about getting measured once and wearing some wrist band. Is the rule more like OVER 90cm?. To be fair my son blends straight in with all the 3 year olds as looks old for his age. Appreciate any info on this please.

HRHQueenMe Sun 09-Mar-14 21:17:21

Hi,
Ask to get measured at customer svcs at the entrance, they will measure with shoes on and give you a wrist band to show you are over 90 cm. Your child will be measured at every ride, so the wristband is helpful if he is borderline. They measure with shoes on. Hope this helps.

HRHQueenMe Sun 23-Mar-14 20:17:21

Please now post any further questions in the 2014 thread ! Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now