Q-bots at Legoland - confused

(6 Posts)

I've been looking at the Legoland site and saw the Q-bots which look interesting. DH hates queues with a passion and the opportunity to avoid his wingeing, which would be far worse than the kids', is tempting.

There seem to be three levels at three different prices. Can anyone tell me the difference between the three levels - £15, £30 and £70 shock. I can see what they're saying online (e.g. including add ons and instant access before 11am), so what I'm interested in is whether it's worth paying for the add-on rides and the instant access before 11am. I'm worried that we'll throw £70 at the problem and find that the add-ons are pants and that we don't get there until 10.59am.

Also, what is the difference between a Q-bot regular and Q-bot express? The former is £15 and the latter is £30 but the tick box on their respective pages indicate the same access.

ISeeSmallPeople Sun 03-Mar-13 09:28:42

Decide what time you will get there. If you don't arrive 'til 11 no point paying for that one!

Also, you do realise the Qbot price is per person? You say kids, so you'd need atleast 4 qbots. I personally would not consider paying an extra £280 on top of regular entry prices, even 241 for legoland.

Do you live near enough to visit a few times? If so, it's better to get annual passes & not feel rushed into doing everything on one day, & come early, come on inset days etc. monster trucks and firework events are quite good too.

ISeeSmallPeople Sun 03-Mar-13 09:34:15

We only once used 2 qbots for 4 of us once, when we were having an awful day & couldn't get on anything. At the time there was only 1 choice of bot, & it was 1/2 price or annual cardholders in the afternoon.

Express at £30 is faster than regular at £15 per person. So you wait less for the ONE ride you can reserve at a time.

Ultimate lets you use it before 11 without the waiting time, which would be good. And includes 2 rides which aren't included on the other qbots.

ProPerformer Sun 03-Mar-13 09:58:15

Sorry to say this, but IMO it's things like Q-bots that make queueing longer for the rest of us and they're yet another way that people with money can get one up on the rest of us and just another way for overpriced theme parks to get even more money out of people.

Your DH is an adult, queueing is part of life so he can either queue and shut up or not go! My DS is 4 and he queues really nicely so I don't see why your DH can't do it, he's not setting the best example to your DC's is he!?

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Sun 03-Mar-13 21:56:06

The qbots are fab, we had the cheapest one on a sunny day in late july, packed park and we had a fab relaxing day. It was sooo sooo worthit. Dont go for the most expensive one unless you want to sprint between rides....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now