Harry Potter Studio Tours

(6 Posts)
tribpot Sat 23-Feb-13 18:42:07

It's a fantastic day out. I don't remember masses of places to sit down as they want to encourage people to keep moving (although not at a frantic pace).

They were very good to us too (DH is in a wheelchair). We also skipped the queue into the introduction bit by going through a side door into one of the staff corridors. Nothing like starting off your trip in an ordinary corridor with a Death Eater striding towards you on his break!

I just checked their page on accessibility and it says specifically "We are happy to arrange seating for those who have difficulty queuing or standing for long periods of time. Should you require this service, please speak to a member of staff who can arrange for you to wait separately whilst still holding your space in the queue."

I would get in touch - they were extremely helpful to us and would want to do everything possible to accommodate your mum.

Aftereightsarenolongermine Sat 23-Feb-13 18:35:41

I have mobility issues & sat down a few times in the first bit & outside. Can't remember what I did in the others but I was quite tired by the end of it but so worth it.

LorettaMartin Sat 23-Feb-13 18:32:04

Thanks for your replies.

MrsJREwing Sat 23-Feb-13 00:59:26

I didn't spend too long there, there were loads of benches, I am sure they were great hall benches. It's up to you how long you look at the rooms. We didn't que for the broomsticks, think that helped move things along.

Grockle Sat 23-Feb-13 00:45:16

I am disabled & the staff were really good with me. Instead of queueing for the introduction bit, they sent me to sit on a bench with DS & let us into the room first.

The tour can take as long as you want it too... it took us about 3 hours. I don't remember lots of places to sit but there is an outdoor seating area just over half way round.

LorettaMartin Fri 22-Feb-13 11:20:09

We're thinking of taking DS to see the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden and we were considering taking my mum along too. However I've read reviews that say it can take 3-4 hours to see everything and I think this will be too much for my mum who is in her 70s. Does anyone know if there are plenty of places for people to sit down on the way round?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now