Durham with teenagers... have already posted in MN local

(4 Posts)

... so sorry for repeat :-) Also sorry to post and run.... travelling... so can't post all the places we have visited in this area in the last 15 years. Looking for recent/current things.. within say 20 miles Durham City... of interest to a 15 year old girl and her 14 year old male cousin.... with mobile late 70s grandmother in tow. Default will be bowling, but could do that anywhere. No to shopping as they have already done that this week. Ice or roller skating also out.
Any ideas (apologies in advance if I keep saying "we've done that already".... family home town so my children and their cousins are very regular visitors )

bump....

givemeaclue Thu 28-Feb-13 09:56:05

Get train to Newcastle if you have exhausted all to do in Durham, lots of museums etc, Baltic gallery, blinking bridge, quayside, Tynemouth for coastal visit. Or train to Edinburgh takes an hour. Beamish?

feckawwf Tue 05-Mar-13 14:00:29

Beamish museum is a lovely place just up the road from me. Also Newcastle quayside on a nice day is lovely to see the sights, bridges etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now