Best London art gallery for children

(5 Posts)
Earlybird Sun 17-Feb-13 17:46:53

When she was younger, DD always particularly enjoyed the National Portrait Gallery. At that age, looking at paintings of real people was much more appealing than a landscape, etc.

CarlingBlackMabel Sun 17-Feb-13 17:46:22

And if she is specifically interested on Wm Morris, then take her to Liberty, or the V&A.

CarlingBlackMabel Sun 17-Feb-13 17:43:57

The light exhibition at the Heywood (there will be an entrance fee) or Tate modern or Tate Britain (free)

dinkystinky Fri 15-Feb-13 20:48:59

I assume you have already done the Tate modern? They have kids activity packs you can borrow.

Also good are the V+A, exhibitions at Somerset house and courtauld institute and in my list to go to is the lights exhibition on at the Hayward gallery

PeasandCucumbers Fri 15-Feb-13 20:44:08

We are spending a weekend in London & my DD wants to go to an art gallery. She really wants to visit the William Morris museum but as that is in Walthamstow I don't really want to travel that far. DD is nearly 7 and DS is 8 so suggestions / recomendations for the best central London galleries would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now