Peppa Pig World - how strictly do they check your child's height?

(11 Posts)
BogoPogo Tue 12-Feb-13 12:36:27

Hello

We're off to Peppa Pig world next week and I want to buy tickets in advance BUT DD1 is bang on 1m, so I don't know whether to bother buying her a ticket or not (as it's free if you're under 1m)

So how strictly do they check the height thing at the gate?

Thanks!

youmaycallmeSSP Tue 12-Feb-13 13:33:39

They were looking pretty strict when I was there last summer, as in they had someone standing next to a height chart checking people going through. If your DD is 1m without shoes then buy a ticket.

BogoPogo Tue 12-Feb-13 13:45:11

Ah...I hadn't factored in shoes!

CaseyShraeger Tue 12-Feb-13 13:48:58

Yes, it's reasonably strict. Given she's going to be wearing shoes I think you'll have to pay (if she were bang on 1m in shoes I suspect they'd let her in).

Winterwardrobetime Tue 12-Feb-13 14:00:27

They are very strict, they have these height bars everywhere in the ticket buying/ checking area. You have to make your child stand under them so they can see they are under 1m. They even made me take my 2nd old out of the buggy to check her ( I knew she was way under it but still) And you aren't allowed to take off their shoes. They do this when buying or collecting your tickets and then again when you go through the ticket barrier. You won't get away with it if there is any doubt they will double check as they don't want you to go in for free if they can help it!

BogoPogo Tue 12-Feb-13 14:20:05

Well I think we'll be paying then, unless I whip off her shoes before we go in and try and convince them she is allergic to all forms of footwear...might work!

CaseyShraeger Tue 12-Feb-13 14:24:20

On the plus side, at over 1m she'll be able to go on very nearly everything (everything in PPW and the vast majority of rides in the rest of Paulton's).

CinnabarRed Tue 12-Feb-13 14:29:16

I have to say, though, that it's a great day out. All three of mine love PPW, not least because there are things for all ages to do.

BogoPogo Tue 12-Feb-13 15:14:56

It's going to be great - I think both DDs may explode with excitement when we get there!

youmaycallmeSSP Tue 12-Feb-13 20:35:19

I hope the weather holds out for you! DS was 2.5 when we went last August and he still talks about it.

paultonspark Wed 13-Feb-13 10:38:11

Hi - yes just to confirm, all younger children are measured for height wearing shoes at the turnstiles before entry and children over 1 metre are able to ride more of the rides and attractions in the Park.

Please check carefully before visiting.

Thanks,
Paultons Park | Home of Peppa Pig World

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now