Things to do in and around High Wycombe

(12 Posts)
nannynick Mon 18-Feb-13 19:25:06

I have taken toddlers inside HellFire Caves. Not sure if baby would be permitted but the caves are not that big so maybe one adult could stay in the warmth of the cafe looking after baby whilst the rest of you venture down into the depths.

Locketjuice Sat 16-Feb-13 10:00:46

Black park
Go ape

There's the Chiltern Open Air myseum too but that's probably clised in winter.

penguinplease Sat 16-Feb-13 08:39:40

Avoid bicester at all costs!! Traffic and parking always a nightmare and shops rubbish anyway

Locketjuice Sat 16-Feb-13 08:36:34

Odds farm

newbiefrugalgal Sat 16-Feb-13 08:27:39

Berconscot closed over winter so check opening times.
Odds Farm -indoor fun if weather is rubbish

NannyPhlegm Wed 06-Feb-13 22:47:55

Oh wow those sound brilliant! I don't know if we can all go to the Hellfire Caves with the younger two, but I'll see if my husband can take just dd1 on her own.

Bekonscot looks just the ticket. It never came up in any of the searches I did looking for attractions. They're missing a trick there!

Very grateful, and please do keep them coming if anyone has any more ideas smile

Ooh yes, forgotten about Bekonscot.

SorrelForbes Wed 06-Feb-13 22:42:58

What about Bekonscot model village? I remember loving it there when I was little.

Also Whipsnade Zoo isn't too far away.

Have a look at the Hellfire Caves. I lived there a long time ago and never got round to visiting. There's also West Wycombe house (NT) and it's well worth a walk up to the Mausoleum.

NannyPhlegm Wed 06-Feb-13 22:28:43

We're planning to visit Buckinghamshire for a long weekend, Saturday to Tuesday. We're staying in High Wycombe, chosen mostly because it's halfway between us and my brother's family, who will be joining us. All in all, there will be 6 adults and 3 children aged 11 months, 2.5 and 6 years, all girls

I think High Wycombe is fairly central, so we can travel to several places. On our to-do list is the Roald Dahl Story Centre in Great Missenden (the one in Aylesbury is closed until March), and Hughenden as we have NT membership. I wanted to sneak in an afternoon at Bicester, but with three children that might not be a bright idea sad

Can anyone more knowledgeable than us please give us inspiration for more stuff to do? The 6 year old is into books and history and loves cathedrals and good museums. The other two girls will tag along, as subsequent children are wont to do!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now