Central Manchester - two geeky teenage boys - what to do

(6 Posts)
Incogneetow Tue 05-Feb-13 19:29:53

We've got a couple of days in Manchester next week to see The Lion King; and apparently we need "something to do"....

Any ideas? The boys are 13 and 15. Apart from Wagamamas, I've nothing on the agenda. We're coming on the train, so ideally city centre.

They loathe shopping (as do I) and I cannot face MOSI again for the nth time.

We've done the People's Museum in the past and the John Rylands library.
We haven't been to the University Museum in a long, long time and I can't remember what that's like.

emeraldy Wed 06-Feb-13 19:11:15

The uni library has a lot of Egyptian stuff and lots of stuffed animals, some dinosaur exhibits etc; it's ok for an hour or so. There's also the big IMAX in the Printworks - there might be something on there for them (and it's not too far from Wagamamas). There's the indoor ski slope the Chill Factor out at Trafford you could get the bus / train out there (it's next to the Trafford Centre) that would take up a chunk of time. Also a trip out on the metro to altrincham at the end of the line takes about 20 mins and that takes you right to altrincham ice rink. Good luck finding something to entertain them. Btw they are going to love the Lion King

Incogneetow Wed 06-Feb-13 21:37:20

Thank you.

zumo Sun 10-Feb-13 20:24:25

Some good ideas above
Science and industry Museum.
Take the train to Liverpool as plenty going on
Watersports centre, Albert Dock a few museums, all the beatles stuff allways plenty of tourists knocking about

Judd Sun 10-Feb-13 20:27:25

National Football Museum at URBIS?

andadietcoke Sun 10-Feb-13 20:29:11

National Football Museum at Urbis, Almost Famous burgers in the Northern Quarter, Imperial War Museum North out at the Quays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now