Birmingham Sea Life Centre

(13 Posts)
supergreenuk Mon 04-Feb-13 14:09:13

I am planning a visit for my DH birthday with the kids. We are an hour away so would like to make a day of it. Is there anywhere to have/buy lunch close by or is there a cafe at the centre? What else can we do at the immediate location?

BNmum Mon 04-Feb-13 14:35:28

It's in Brindley place so there's plenty of places to eat - pizza express, carluccios wagamamas, some gourmet burger places and others. We decided to go last minute and had to queue for a while and it was freezing so if you know what day you want to go, i'd definately suggest buying ticket online - it saves time and moaning as well as money!
There's a 3d cinema on site and a soft play area too, check out the feeding times before you visit so you don't miss out on those. Have fun!

supergreenuk Tue 05-Feb-13 07:10:34

Thank you. That is most helpful.

LaTrucha Fri 08-Feb-13 14:01:56

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have been looking at the Sealife Centre and was wondering how far away it was from New Street Station. If we went, it would be at the end of a three hour train journey, so I wouldn't want another long journey.

Thanks!

CMOTDibbler Fri 08-Feb-13 14:08:40

Its not far LaTrucha, but I really, really wouldn't travel to go to it. I've been to a few SeaLife centres, and some are great, but the Brum one isn't.

WitchOfEndor Fri 08-Feb-13 14:12:23

I have been wondering wether to go to Birmingham or the one atChester. Has anyone been to both and can say which one is best?

LaTrucha Fri 08-Feb-13 14:35:08

Really? That's disappointing. I want to do something different with the kids this half term and I am bound by where public transport can take me. in Aberystwyth that really means Birmingham, or maybe Camarthen but I don't think there's much but shops there.

WhatAGoat Fri 08-Feb-13 14:41:21

Birmingham sea life can be done in 2 hours and that's if you go really slow.

The new science museum at millennium point is same distance from the train stations (opposite directions) but get more for your money

I have to go to sea life all the time because dp is obsessed with stupid fish

midoriway Fri 08-Feb-13 15:03:26

There are so many better things to do in Birmingham than the sea-life centre, why? why?

Things I would do in Birmingham with little ones over half term that are easy to get to from New St Station- Dimsum in China Town, science museum at millennium point, Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery always puts on interesting stuff for the holidays. Sure, it isn't London, but little kids don't seem to notice.

LaTrucha Fri 08-Feb-13 16:43:44

Ds really likes fish. grin

I'll have a look at the science museum. Thanks.

WhatAGoat Fri 08-Feb-13 18:17:57

Oh if he likes fish then it's worth it they bore me to tears

LaTrucha Sat 09-Feb-13 06:50:01

I could live in an aquarium quite like fish too

getoffthecoffeetable Sat 09-Feb-13 07:04:56

DS loved the Sealife Centre in Birmingham, thinking of going again for his birthday. If you travel by train you can quite often get two for one tickets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now