Please can somebody explain this Krispy Kreme light thing to me?

(9 Posts)
dreamygirl Sun 03-Feb-13 09:16:40

So I'm not sure if I'm in the right topic or anything, I was looking for a restaurant type one but couldn't find anything and I've seen mention of KK in days out before, and basically that's what we're planning...

DSis and family are here for the weekend and we've been told that the (relatively) new KK hotlight placeis a good place to take children as you can watch them making the doughnuts. I hadn't really given it much thought but last night DSis said "what times do they make the doughnuts?" and sparked off a frenzy of Internet searching to try and find out how it works. However from things we've read we've come up with several possible interpretations:

You can only watch them make the doughnuts when the light is on.

You can watch them make the doughnuts all the time but when the light is on they're making original glazed ring doughnuts.

You can watch them make the doughnuts all the time but when the light is on they give them away for free(!?!)

If somebody with longer experience could advise us that would be great! We plan to go to somewhere near there and have lunch today, then go to KK to get dessert - should we be calling in first to ask about this light and when it's going to be on so we know when is best to go?

I thought if the light was on you got a free one while you were ordering.

TomArchersSausage Sun 03-Feb-13 09:23:07

confused When I saw the title I thought they'd invented low fat Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

dreamygirl Sun 03-Feb-13 09:38:59

Ah yes, sorry Tom I realised after I'd posted that it might sound like that!

So missnevermind have you been to one? Did you see them baking when there was no light on? We're less bothered about free stuff as we have bogof vouchers anyway, we just want to make sure the kids get to watch the production process.

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Sun 03-Feb-13 09:42:52

I've seen them but don't know about the light tbh sorry no use but love kk

ruddynorah Sun 03-Feb-13 09:45:42

When the hotlight sign outside is on it means donuts are being made. Any kind of donuts. When the light isn't on they'll still be doing stuff such as decorating the donuts or cleaning the machinery. They can't say when they'll be making them as it depends on demand.

AngelsWithSilverWings Sun 03-Feb-13 09:49:59

When we were on holiday in America we stopped at KK if we saw the light on. The light on means the ring do-nuts are hot and and coming off of the machine fresh.

No idea how you know what time that will be though!

They are lovely do-nuts but I never forget Tom Hanks being interviewed and referring to them as glazed rings of death!

dreamygirl Sun 03-Feb-13 09:51:48

Excellent, thank you very much - that's exactly what I wanted to know.
So we'll just have to go and see what happens?.. hopefully we'll get to see something fun anyway grin

newbiefrugalgal Sat 16-Feb-13 08:30:25

Only in the us?

I want to go to one now!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now