I was about to book legoland hotel for feb half term but the park doesn't open till march,where else?

(16 Posts)
used2bthin Mon 28-Jan-13 19:28:37

I think the hotel looks great and am really disappointed. It would have been £85 for tickets and hotel. Any other ideas? I will be with my friend and my dc who are 6 years and 7month old baby.

used2bthin Mon 28-Jan-13 20:24:48

Bump

used2bthin Tue 29-Jan-13 14:51:47

Bump

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Tue 29-Jan-13 22:08:26

Where are you based and what distance are you willing to travel? Im local to legoland so can give lots of ideas for days out but nothing that really involves hotel/themepark as such. We have done Thomasland and the drayton manor hotel but the Legoland hotel was much better so I would hang on until it opens.

used2bthin Tue 29-Jan-13 22:46:59

Thanks yes looked at thomasland but the park also doesn't open till after we are able to go. Windsor is an hour from me so is a good place and the hotel looks amazing I so wish the park was open too. Think we need a deal like hotel with tickets somewhere to keep dd occupied but am open to ideas really, we are near Oxford so anywhere up to an hour and half from there ideally.

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Wed 30-Jan-13 15:57:41

I would look at whipsnade zoo, and maybe stay nearby over night. If you want something near here there is a superb softplay near reading called kids in action. We really like Odds farm park, esp spring time lots of feeding the animals and softplay and activities. Windsor castle is good, the 6 year old would like the massive dollshouse and suits of armour. There is a good travellodge in central windsor and lots of good restaurants and shops, all in smack bang in central windsor.

used2bthin Wed 30-Jan-13 20:17:42

Thank you good ideas will look at whipsnade too. So disappointing about legoland it looks so good at the hotel.

Spockster Wed 30-Jan-13 23:20:51

Paultons Park with Peppa Pig Land? No hotels on site but lots nearby and deals on the PP website.

used2bthin Thu 31-Jan-13 01:55:14

Thanks that looks good but also shut, think our half term is earlier than most of the country or something.

newbiefrugalgal Thu 31-Jan-13 02:32:59

Going to Legoland without the park is good fun too. Lots to do onsite and kids have a blast.

used2bthin Thu 31-Jan-13 19:50:04

I wondered about that but is it actually on the park? Dd has been before and I am . Worried she'd be upsetting to go. She has autism and a learning disability so I wouldn't want to spend the whole time getting her away from the non working rides but the hotel does look great.

newbiefrugalgal Thu 31-Jan-13 22:40:53

You can't get onto the park at all so you won't have to worry about that.
Hotel overlooks mainly the lake.
We had two nights these past holidays-everyone had a ball and didn't want to leave. Would have struggled to fit a park visit in to be honest!

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Fri 01-Feb-13 09:27:46

The hotel pool is fantastic for little ones, we could have stayed all day. The area is not huge but lots of fun bits to play with in the water. The hotel puts on lots of activities so check when you book whats on.

Nearby there is a great Loch Fyne restaurant and windsor is 5 minutes by car (1 hour when the park is open and you get stuck in queues...)

bowyert1 Fri 01-Feb-13 13:23:43

How about ChessingtonAdventures although the main park is not open they do a special african adventure theme on sale for the next few days where you can stay for £99 for a family of four for half term 16-24th February and get 1 nights hotel and 2 days tickets

Blurb from webpage
Enjoy an African Adventure with Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted this Half Term
Saturday 16 — Sunday 24 February 2013, 10:00am — 03:00pm
Join in the fun and discovery with African Adventures at Chessington Resort with DreamWorks’ Animation Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted!

Experience a little piece of Africa between 16 — 24 February 2013 and come face to face with a whole host of animals at Chessington Zoo and SEA LIFE centre. There’s also a selection of fantastic rides and attractions available including Bubbleworks, Hocus Pocus Hall, Black Buccaneer, Safari Skyway AND Carousel*!

used2bthin Sun 03-Feb-13 14:32:25

Thank you chessington looks great but our half term is the week before that sadly.

I am tempted go-ahead withlegoland then. Is there anything to do worthwhile,legitimize anything?

southbanklondonofficial Tue 19-Feb-13 13:30:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now