Few hours in Cambridge with teenagers ... Recommendations

(8 Posts)
cazzybabs Fri 01-Feb-13 19:34:59

I like the Archaeology & Anthropology - it is full of odd stuff! The scott polar musuem is my favourite museum but there is not much too it! A lot of people do go punting in all seasons. They are lots of lovely cafes and shops

roisin Sun 27-Jan-13 10:26:32

Thanks. A bit cold for punting in Feb, I think!

ihatethecold Sun 27-Jan-13 09:24:25

Park at one of the park and ride sites. There are lots of them. Much cheaper than the busy car parks and very frequent.
Lots if places to eat.
Hope the weather is nice because Cambridge looks lovely in the sunshine wink

The Zoology Museum & The Earth Sciences Museum are boyh worth a look if you're in the centre of town.

There are a number of other museums (Polar, Fitzwilliam, Archaeology & Anthropology etc) that will no doubt cater to their interests if animals/dinosaurs etc don't appeal.

LittlePebble Sun 27-Jan-13 08:47:49

Another vote for punting.

The round church is lovely too.

GinandJag Sun 27-Jan-13 08:40:09

They can go punting on the river smile

roisin Sat 26-Jan-13 15:44:58

We have the possibility of a few ours in Cambridge next month with our two boys, age 13 and 15.

What would you do?
Where would yo park?

They do like museums and so on; don't like shopping; have spent time in Oxford before, so have seen colleges etc; do like food-related activities!

We are going to be moving nearby, so will be ale to spend time there regularly, but we want to "do" something that will enthuse them about the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now