Londoners, I need your help!

(9 Posts)

Thanks Just smile!

Oh yes, Justaholyfool, I would love to have the name of that school, thanks smile.

It sounds like a great way to practise English!

JustAHolyFool Tue 15-Jan-13 18:08:32

franca most of the climbing walls do them. My personal favourite is Craggy Island, but that's a good bit out of central London towards Surrey. Mile End/The Castle/The Reach are also good.

JustAHolyFool Tue 15-Jan-13 18:07:35

Franca a school I used to work for teaches English through projects - so basically the children work towards making something like a presentation, a business proposal, a drama piece, a poster. It's always on a particular theme, linked to a museum visit. So say they go to see Victorian clothes in the V&A, they then do a project on that. A lot of the children are fluent in English.

Let me know if you want the name.

Climbing course would be spot on! Do you know of any Just?

And yes, of course, the Museum of childhood!

Their English is good, they are able to chat about pretty much everything and they watch tv/ movies in English.

The most obvious thing to do would be to find one of those English schools that abound in London, but I was wondering whether I could come up with something more fun.

They like sport, drama, art, anything really!

JustAHolyFool Tue 15-Jan-13 18:00:52

There's plenty of English schools that cater for really advanced speakers of English.

Museums of Childhood often has good crafting things that could help.

Climbing course?

MrsMushroom Tue 15-Jan-13 17:48:57

How good is their English to begin with and what do they enjoy doing?

Hello, I am vaguely contemplating of spending 2 weeks in London in July (perhaps before the beginning of the school holidays) and I was wondering if anyone of you savvy Londoners knows of classes/activities I could sign up my dc for to spruce up their English.

The dc are 8 and 10 and speak fluent English, as we lived in the UK until a few yrs ago and they have weekly lessons.

I am not entirely sure what I am looking for grin, but if anyone comes up with an idea, I will be extremely grateful.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now