What is there actually to do at Legoland?

(22 Posts)
MaryBS Wed 09-Jan-13 08:59:51

<waves back at LaBelleDame> (who were you? blush, I struggle with name changes... can't even cope with people's names on FB vs MN blush

We go to Legoland several times a year. DS is high functioning Aspie and Legoland is one of the few places where we don't have to prove his disability by means of a DLA letter (which we don't get), so don't have to queue for rides smile

We will be going to Legoland at some point ... am very encouraged by Firawla's experience.

Castle first though - want an outing in the next 2-3 weeks.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 08-Jan-13 16:34:05

No the queues bit was about Legoland (no experience of the castles).

I just saw 'Legoland' and word association meant that I had to say 'queues' smile.

TuftyFinch Tue 08-Jan-13 13:24:50

Bodiam is a lovely castle.
Leeds is good.
But both possibly a bit far from Dorset.

firawla Tue 08-Jan-13 13:22:48

I find legoland really good! you can fill the day without any rides at all if you want, we did that once when we took our oldest when he was 2. you can do the miniland section, different play areas, hilltrain, lego building indoors area - all without queueing at all

Norbert and World, do you mean at dover castle?

I have gone off theme parts - really want a good traditional castle!

TuftyFinch Tue 08-Jan-13 13:16:02

I would rather gouge my eyes out than visit LePoland again.

I agree with rubyslipper's assessment. Long queues for not very brilliant rides. I think we managed 4 or 5 rides in a whole day thanks to hour long queues, and that was queueing for the junior rides. The food on sale was terrible too.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 08-Jan-13 13:06:11

Don't under estimate how much time you'll be spending queuing.

Well, yes, Windsor gave me the idea; I was hoping for somewhere a bit closer to Dorset and a bit cheaper.

Hello, Mary! ::waves, then realises that too many name changes may have intervened::

rubyslippers Tue 08-Jan-13 11:22:56

it's awful IMO!

i wouldn't go again if you paid me

DD was too small for loads of the rides (3 years old), the food is disgusting beyond belief and the queues were horrendous

Floralnomad Tue 08-Jan-13 11:18:49

Dover Castle is fab and has the WW2 stuff as well , definitely a whole day out .

MaryBS Tue 08-Jan-13 11:18:03

You mean, like Windsor? grin

You're right. On to plan B. Do you happen to know of any really good traditional castles in the South/West to visit?

Ooops! Off to double check!

noblegiraffe Tue 08-Jan-13 09:05:58

There are loads of other things to do, shows, play parks, there's a maze and train too. And miniland, the city built of Lego sounds a bit crap on paper but when you see it it's actually really impressive and worth a long look around.

But I just checked the website and Legoland is shut till March. Are you just being really forward in your planning?!

Okay ... so we wouldn't have to spend our whole time doing rides; there are other things?

My favourite place is Longleat; wild animals, pets to stroke, snakes and spiders, maze, great play castle for climbing and sliding, boat trip, train ride .....

noblegiraffe Mon 07-Jan-13 22:53:32

Oh Legoland is brilliant, my 3 year old could go on loads of the rides, so not scary at all. I'd definitely go back and I've been unimpressed by Chessington and Paulton (Peppa Pig World).

DollyTwat Mon 07-Jan-13 22:52:20

*donut = do it all

Floralnomad Mon 07-Jan-13 22:49:35

There are no scary rides at Legoland , unless they've built something new in the last year . They took out the only half decent roller coaster to build the hotel . All the rides are very much child orientated and when I say child I mean 5/6 yr old.

DollyTwat Mon 07-Jan-13 22:49:08

There is so much to do you'd find it hard to donut all in one day. I hate scary rides too but there are cars they can drive, loads of Lego, games to play etc

You'll have a great day

DD doesn't like scarey rides, I don't like rollercoaster-type things. Is there actually anything else to do there? Been given tickets, just looked at their webiste and don't know whether to feign illness. Was innocently imagining .... lots of lego. Possibly lots of chances to make things out of lego ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now