Where to meet child-free friends in Central London with 2 YO DS

(4 Posts)
AnuC Tue 20-Nov-12 10:13:07

You should check Haystacks app for the iPhone. It usually has good suggestions for things to do for enthusiatic kids or when the weather changes unexpectedly.

Giraffe on S Bank next to festival hall is great for kids and hung over adults in search of brunch...or Strada is also good, lovely food and decents kids menu and welcoming atmosphere.

Aquarium is shockingly expensive just so you aware...£34 for me and ds1 the other day and we were only in there 2 hrs max - look for vouchers if going!

If weather is nice there is also a play area there with massive climbing frames, boy heaven and nice to sit and watch dc's with a coffee. You could get the Thames Clipper along for a look at Tower of London before/after.

Jellyfish77 Tue 23-Oct-12 12:31:51

The south bank is great - can go to aquarium for a bit or just hang out in Royal Festival Hall where you can grab a sofa but let toddler run about too. There's a cafe and a bar.

Jiji100 Tue 23-Oct-12 10:14:07

I am supposed to be meeting up with some old school mates this Sat in Central London. They are going for a boozy night on the Friday and want to see me and DS once they have recovered.

DS is was 2 a month ago and is a very active lad so can't be contained to restaurants for hours with colouring books (although we can do that for a little while).

Does anyone know of any places that might be suitable for us (particularly if the weather is a bit grim)?

I'm coming in from SE London/Kent region so will have had 40 minutes on the train with books when we get into London.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now