Rides at Alton Towers that don't leave you feeling 'beaten up'.

(5 Posts)
chicaguapa Wed 13-Mar-13 19:47:36

I think Duel is a good ride. It appeals to DC and adults. It probably used to be a ghost train, but now you have to zap them with the lasers and it's good fun trying to score the highest in the car. Much much better than the other similar rides as the other Merlin resorts.

scarymamma Mon 25-Feb-13 17:38:32

Thanks for the recommendations!
Loved Air - but did get motion sickness.
Thirteen was good fun - and the 'jolt' was okay.
I really enjoyed Nemesis Sub Terra (didn't need to take my glasses off and wished I hadn't!).
Very glad we had ponchos/waterproofs for Congo river rapids and the log flume (although our feet got soaked!)
The runaway mine train was good fun - even the teens didn't find it too 'lame' wink
Had to close my eyes on Hex - it's absolutely brilliant but totally stomach churning (bleurgh!) and a little mind blowing (which way up are we?!?)
I bottled Rita and Nemesis - but the teens loved them! I enjoyed a coffee grin whilst they sought white knuckle thrills!

mosschops30 Sun 02-Sep-12 19:22:22

Air is lovely, no jolting, very smooth.
I love Rita too but its very fast.
Hex is easy on the back (but not on the stomach).
Thirteen is great fun, but very jarring at one point.

The only one i find that shakes me about is Nemesis

jollydiane Sun 02-Sep-12 19:19:17

'Air' is a pleasant ride and not too scary.

scarymamma Sun 02-Sep-12 16:07:27

Okay - so I'm getting on a bit! grin I'm taking 4 teens to Alton Towers as a reward for a year's hard work at school. I used to love rollercoasters but am finding I'm dreading it. I love 'thrilling' rides - but just not ones that throw you violently around and leave you feeling like you've been in a car crash; bruised, battered and with whip lash! confused
Which rides do you like and which ones should I steer clear of if I don't want to spend a small fortune at the chiropractors? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now