Advice about Harry Potter studio tour

(7 Posts)
Primrose123 Thu 09-Aug-12 14:42:36

I would like to take my family to see this as they are huge HP fans. The reviews all seem good, so I think it must be worth the money.

It's a fair drive for us, about 4 hours, so I was hoping to stay over in a hotel the night before. Can anyone recommend a good hotel (medium cost!)? It doesn't have to be too close, we are coming from the west, so anywhere between the M4/M25 junction and Watford, but I don't know that area at all. We would want a family room for 2 adults and 2 children.

And any tips about when to go? Anything particular we should know?

RedBlanket Thu 09-Aug-12 14:46:21

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago, overwhelmingly Positive reviews. If you are HP fans, you'll love it.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn which is within walking distance of Watford centre. Pretty standard accommodation although a fab buffet breakfast. It's about a 15 minute drive to the studio.

Primrose123 Thu 09-Aug-12 22:26:52

Thanks Redblanket, I'll look it up.

tribpot Thu 09-Aug-12 22:29:14

Thanks - this is really timely for us, too, as we'd have to drive (not quite as far as Primrose) because DH will be wanting to use his electric mobility scooter. I'll look out the other thread and link to it.

tribpot Thu 09-Aug-12 22:32:38
Nat38 Thu 09-Aug-12 22:41:08

YES!!!! Me & my DD who is 13 went in May-it was brill, well worth the money!!
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Watford Junction, which is literally less than a 2 minute walk from Watford Junction train station-you can actually see the top of the hotel when you walk out the station!!
The hotel was fab!!
We had a package deal from Super Break. 1 adult & 1 child for return tickets Leicester to Watford Junction, 2 Harry Potter Studio Tour tickets & a twin room with breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express all for £195!!
Ithought that was a brill deal!!

pinkteddy Thu 09-Aug-12 23:06:41

this premier inn is in a nice location and about 20 mins away. Rooms basic but very reasonable and nice breakfast included. You can sometimes get an evening meal deal at the beefeater next door for a bargain price.

Re HP Studios allow about 4 hours to get round and see it all/take it all in. The food at the snack place half way through wasn't very good, not sure about the cafe when you come in. But if you are planning on eating there, you will need to allow time before your visit. It was very busy when we went (at start of school hols) and they weren't allowing anyone in before their time slot but friends of ours who went in term time (at the weekend) were allowed in early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now