can you think of anywhere nice for me to go on my birthday? Beds or Herts?

(8 Posts)
edam Wed 02-Feb-11 16:20:36

Apparently dh's plans for my birthday this Sat have fallen through. So, I have to work out what I want to do. I would like to go out for the day but has to be Herts or Beds - we are in Herts, my sister will babysit and she's in Beds.

Daytime I was thinking vaguely of nice village with lots of junk shops, or an historic house. But Woburn's shut for the winter.

Would be v. grateful for any inspiration!

edam Wed 02-Feb-11 18:05:55

Trying again just in case there is someone out there who can think of nice places to go in Beds or Herts...

QueenofHerts Wed 02-Feb-11 18:16:38

Got some ideas but unfortunately they're a bit weather dependent and the weather forecast doesn't look too good but ....

- Hatfield House - I think the house is closed in the winter but the park is open for walks and some facilities open (ditto Knebworth House) - maybe check website

- Benington Lordship gardens - they're usually open for snowdrop weekends in early Feb with teas in the church hall etc

There's always meandering through fishpool st in St A via cafes and lots of pubs of course grin

Apart from that I'd say it's pretty grim for choice

Hatfield house? St Albans - nice restaurants, shops, park?

could you doa spa day? loads in herts

edam Wed 02-Feb-11 18:28:24

thanks both. Yes, thought of Knebworth but it's shut, as is Hatfield. Grrr.
Wonder where there is a nice village in Beds or Herts with lots of junk shops...

edam Wed 02-Feb-11 18:29:08

Oh, and thanks Lisa - nice idea but my winter body is too flabby, white and hairy for me to want to share with anyone other than poor old dh!

WestAleta Wed 26-Sep-12 04:39:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now