Daddy to be advice

(5 Posts)
Daddy2bee Mon 13-Jun-16 09:48:33

Hey all,

So I'm new around here and just found out that my fiancé is 4 weeks pregnant.. I'm looking for some advice on how to deal with my anxiety during the first trimester if at all possible!

I suffer with anxiety which really doesn't help, but I just cannot stop panicking and worrying with it being such early days. As much as I'm trying not to get excited I just really can't help it, not matter how much I try to keep it in check. I'm trying not to worry my fiancé with my anxieties, but as I shouldn't tell anyone post 12 weeks I'm really struggling with it all.. I reallllly need to vent my anxieties but have noone to vent them too.

So, here's the big question.. how did you deal with it? Was there anything you did or read that helped you take your mind off things a bit? Did you also try and contain any excitement or just go with the flow? I know that what will be will be, but I feel on the verge of a mental breakdown right now haha.

Well typing that out has helped a bit at least smile.

Cheers all

Sarahwx23 Mon 13-Jun-16 13:15:56

Hi congrats! My sons now 2 coming on 3 and I'll tell you I was exactly the same through the whole pregnancy I found it very very hard and didn't really come to terms with it all so when he arrived I was in utter shock but now it's the best thing that's happened, the only real advice I can give is through the pregnancy just read up on things and just let yourself come to terms with it it may take some time but uve got a whole 9 months just enjoy it is all I can really say 😊
Hope I helped (a bit) 😊

ordinaryman Sat 25-Jun-16 11:05:26

It's natural to worry loads, especially with the first.

Just try to keep a hold of some level of normality (work, hobbies, getting out of the house, etc.) and not let the whole thing consume you.

You'll be much more relaxed for the second one! smile

TomVeiga Tue 16-Aug-16 18:02:49

Talk to your doctor. Fluoxitine will help with anxiety.

Illstartexercisingtomorrow Fri 16-Sep-16 00:26:29

Anti anxiety meds definitely worth looking into. I get it you are feeling so many things and it is hard to know how to process it but trust me the last thing your dp needs is a highly strung stressed out version of you. Look after yourself so that you can look after her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now