Women making false allegations of abuse in family court

(10 Posts)
ChiRup Tue 03-May-16 14:28:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

StuRedman Tue 03-May-16 14:30:25

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, you're not joking?

Fuck off then.

ChiRup Tue 03-May-16 14:33:26

longdiling Tue 03-May-16 14:38:19

This certainly doesn't seem to represent my sisters experience with her abusive ex. She was powerless to stop him doing pretty much whatever he wanted. On the other side of it my uncle was wrongly accused of abuse by his vindictive ex and after a proper investigation contact was resumed. My brother's wife also took him to court unsuccessfully to change contact to more time with her. I'd be interested to see any statistics to back up your claims op.

ChiRup Tue 03-May-16 14:43:47

ApocalypseSlough Tue 03-May-16 14:46:33

Proven Wrong

OnYerBikePan Tue 03-May-16 14:48:43

My opinion as a dad?

You're right - it's quite tricky getting any credible stats from Family Courts.

BUT..as a sort of indicative associated issue, have a look at all of the evidences surrounding family dynamics re abuse and you'll find you are talking a load of old bollocks.

there you go.

BertrandRussell Tue 03-May-16 14:49:11

In my experience family courts bend over backwards to facilitate contact- even when there is evidence that the father is/has been abusive. So- my word against yours then.

Do you have any opinions on men who don't pay what CAFCASS has ordered to support their children?

cadno Tue 10-May-16 13:29:10

There's no monopoly on one sex or the other making false allegations in Family Courts.

Also, there is of course a strong presumption for children to have contact with both parents - unless a given parent has been abusive to the children themselves. If the parents can't get on and there has been abuse/violence, well no-one is forcing them to spend time together - as long as they don't carry out that animosity out on the kids.

It's the obviously the responsibility of parents to care for their children - and that includes financial support - so if non-resident parents (that can afford to do so) are shirking these responsibilities, then payments should be enforced.

cadno Tue 10-May-16 13:49:25

ApocalypseSlough, making false allegations as compared to making such a complete hash of false allegation - to such an extent that a conviction follow, are two different things. Even then with the latter, the police often can't be bothered to refer cases to the CPS - been there and witnessed it - many officers are generally apathetic all around and like an easy life - whether you are talking about allegations of sexual abuse or false allegations of sexual abuse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now