New to the site

(6 Posts)
sebasanders85 Tue 23-Feb-16 19:38:12

Hello there, just joined today and thought I'd say hi.

Wife is currently 25 weeks pregnant but I'm an unrepentant planner and like to be as clued up as possible.

Due to have a boy, most father's ideal situation but I've never felt particularly comfortable around other men, I'm really glad we found out the gender as it's giving me the time to get over the gender disappointment.

We're slowly gathering our bits and pieces and trying to plan and adjust our lives in preparation!

PerettiChelsea Tue 23-Feb-16 19:44:33

biscuit

TiggyD Tue 23-Feb-16 19:48:04

Hello Seb.

Welcome to the site.

BreakingDad77 Thu 25-Feb-16 10:57:26

As per my other post - get stuck in - its stressful to begin with but you get into a pattern in the end. I recommend the commando dad book, I came from zero childcare point of reference, and a bit of a loner tbh.

Ask questions, theres lots of info on this site, you get to learn that things aren't as hard an fast as you may of initially thought.

The relationship will change too in the house, she will be knackered you will be too when loss of sleep starts to bite, but does ease off again.

BeardedBaker Sun 06-Mar-16 12:02:40

Hi. First of all, congratulations! Hope it all goes brilliantly.

I'm in a similar situation and also starting from square 1. We have the wonderful distraction of renovating our house so we simply don't have the time or energy to think about planning for the baby! When we get round to it I'm hoping that it will focus us on only what is really important/necessary and we will then avoid a huge amount of mis-information and purchasing of useless tat.

That how I'm rationalising it anyway!

user1456419152 Sun 06-Mar-16 18:03:47

Hello

I am a new dad, as of 17 days ago.

I wrote a blog, have a read.

Www.daddyblogger2016.wordpress.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now