(22 Posts)
yellowballoons Sat 31-Aug-13 09:37:00

! grin

Pan Sat 31-Aug-13 09:32:11

slight difference in the nn yellow. <feeling like the class sneak>

yellowballoons Sat 31-Aug-13 09:29:00

aw good. Glad you are back[not seen you, but I will choose to believe Pan!]

Pan Sat 31-Aug-13 09:26:07

Nice to see you back, Dad - did you get my PM at the time or was it too late?

AnyFucker Sat 31-Aug-13 02:04:56

Fish ?

Is this a fishy flounce thread ?

There's a special corner for flouncing ya know, you might get a bit more attention there

SoleSource Sat 31-Aug-13 01:49:32

Bye hunny mwah xxxxx

yellowballoons Mon 26-Aug-13 22:15:25

Makes a bit of a mockery of "By parents for parents".

yellowballoons Mon 26-Aug-13 22:14:15

Didnt know he had gone, but realised today that there seem to be even less men around than ever. A shame imo.

SigmundFraude Sun 18-Aug-13 18:02:09

Seeya Dadthelion, sorry to see you go.

TiggyD Mon 12-Aug-13 09:22:46

I decided against changing my name to "IHaveAPenis" a while back. Lots of people don't know whether I'm male or female. But that's sometimes the same in real life too! Anyway...try not to enter a conversation balls first and your life will be easier.

Do Not:
"As a man I think jam goes on a scone first..." - Not relevant.

"I know about parking, what with being a man and all..." - Annoying, sexist.

" great male posters Pan and Unquietdad " - I wouldn't say great exactly...

Pan Sun 11-Aug-13 21:59:06

yes but you can change your political allegiance, much more easily than you can change your sex? And of course posters shouldn't be changing their nn for fear of prejudice - other poster should be altering their attitudes and responses. eg there are lots of demographs on MN and many of them are not apparent from the nn until it becomes relevant.

mystaplerisevil Sun 11-Aug-13 21:53:55

then don't pick a name that gives your gender away. if i posted as mystaplerisevilandilovedavidcameron i would expect a certain amount of prejudice

Pan Sun 11-Aug-13 21:49:33

Well, mystaplerisevil I think it doesn't matter, until it does matter? eg, Dadthelion is implicitly male, whereas I am not. I've seen Dadthelion being responded to in a prejudicial way, and it's one of the reasons that dads on here often have a short shelf life. It;s often assumed I am a woman here and unless it's relevant I say nothing. Dadthelion, BelfastBloke, Unquietdad etc don't have the anonymity of gender. iyswim.

mystaplerisevil Sun 11-Aug-13 21:41:12

the beauty of mn is that you don't know if you are talking to a man or woman, it doesn't really matter

TiggyD Sun 11-Aug-13 18:22:01

Bye.

But why not treat everybody as people instead of men and women?

TheDoctrineOfAllan Sun 11-Aug-13 14:20:53

<is quite scared of Pan now>

Pan Sun 11-Aug-13 10:54:20

Okay buddy, you've gotten our attention. If you leave I will hunt you down like a dog and give you a hunny hug. You've been warned.

TheDoctrineOfAllan Sat 10-Aug-13 22:56:26

I dunno, I think it's still Mostly Harmless here on MN.

mystaplerisevil Sat 10-Aug-13 22:55:58

ps i am not a man

mystaplerisevil Sat 10-Aug-13 22:55:46

oh pan was here the other day, though i miss uqd too, where did he go? i agree with the hunsville comment, but stay and make up the numbers wink

HaroldLloyd Sat 10-Aug-13 22:54:24

Bye hun x

Dadthelion Sat 10-Aug-13 22:53:27

I've been on MN for a long time, but it's time to go.

There used to be some great male posters Pan and Unquietdad but no more, and I can't cope with Hunsville as it's turning out to be.

Used to be fun, now not.

Bye, but who cares?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now