How does it feel tone in here?

(781 Posts)
kickassangel Mon 13-Aug-12 22:43:23

I'm just pooling around on my iPad, wasting time, when I realized that Dadsnet is in the club section of mn and wondered how people felt about that?

Would it be more relevant to be in the parenting section, or does there even need to be a separate section?

Just curious, really, but it sort of feels like being a Dad is some kind of hobby group you might sign up to on a Thursday evening, when I suspect that really it's part of everyday life.

MrGin Wed 15-Aug-12 16:59:17

madas will you be having Risotto this week ?

Changlingz Wed 15-Aug-12 17:00:31

Good point madas.

It's an open forum, this is a very obscure part of it, as long as it's in the guidelines we can discuss what we want.

So radical-feminism what do other dads (or whoever) think about it?

AnyFucker Wed 15-Aug-12 17:00:35

there isn't a problem, madas, but I would question why the same stuff from months ago keeps getting dragged up out of nowhere

and from this particular opening post to slagging off Feminism regulars within 8 posts seems, well, pretty tiresome

I get that it's a minority view though

KickTheGuru Wed 15-Aug-12 17:01:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AnyFucker Wed 15-Aug-12 17:02:56

this feed appears on "Active Conversations" so it's not "obscure" in that sense

not well-trafficked, no

perhaps if there was less whinging about the Feminism regulars, you might get people more interested in coming for a chat about risotto'n'stuff

just a thought < ever helpful >:

Changlingz Wed 15-Aug-12 17:09:12

You can hide Dadsnet you know.

There's little traffic because not many men post on MN.

And when they do they get other posters telling them what they should or shouldn't discuss.

KickTheGuru Wed 15-Aug-12 17:10:03

Yeh so you will watched on what you say and then pounced on if it's not to the made-up forum guidelines...

If it is, you may continue your manly risotto conversation without much confrontation.

But we will be watching you wink

hmm

AnyFucker Wed 15-Aug-12 17:16:09

I don't want to hide Dadsnet

I think it could be an interesting place, certainly there is lots more potential than to keep re-hashing the same ole resentments

I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what they can and can't post < removes Thread Police badge > of course.

Carry on slagging off posters who aren't even here. It's the way forward smile

madas Wed 15-Aug-12 17:16:33

It will be smoked haddock rissotto night on friday with a nice chilled chablis.

KickTheGuru Wed 15-Aug-12 17:18:20

Erm - it's done constantly in mumsnet...

Slagging off other threads and things said in other threads.

It's only allowed to be done by women though.

S'like that "10km Ladies Only" running race that men can't do that isn't sexist at ALL if a woman does it.

MrGin Wed 15-Aug-12 17:22:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

KickTheGuru Wed 15-Aug-12 17:23:34

Not me. I'm on your side here

KickTheGuru Wed 15-Aug-12 17:24:01

I come with a sarcastic font that I forget to use

MrGin Wed 15-Aug-12 17:28:44

It will be smoked haddock rissotto night on friday with a nice chilled chablis.

Nice. I usually follow Rick Steins seafood risotto recipie here

It's awesome.

MrGin Wed 15-Aug-12 17:29:44

< hands KickTheGuru a glass of Chablis >

AnyFucker Wed 15-Aug-12 17:31:44

side, guru ?

what "side" ?

< sigh >

this wasn't a thread about people being put off posting in Feminism (big yawwn, blah blah) though was it...so why are we talking about that ?

my point entirely

Changlingz Wed 15-Aug-12 17:34:00

AnyFucker Wed 15-Aug-12 17:34:26

Relationships topic, on a female dominated site, when human nature tells us that people primarily talk about bad relationships not good ones, is going to "whinge about men"

By that token, MrG, you are saying that Dadsnet exists primarily to whinge about Feminism

Is that what you are saying ?

KickTheGuru Wed 15-Aug-12 17:35:08

I have never heard of Rick Steins. shock

Is this bad?

My husband is about to come home and I am neither pregnant, not in the kitchen (although I don't have shoes on) and I've not cooked him a meal.

Crap. I am going to wife hell.

Is it wrong that I find it a strangely powerful position to be in??? grin

AnyFucker Wed 15-Aug-12 17:35:22

Relationships topic is never quiet. Unfortunately.

MrGin Wed 15-Aug-12 17:37:00

AnyFucker Wed 15-Aug-12 17:37:45

Bringing up old resentments out of the blue is not shit stirring, oh no. No sirree.

Changlingz Wed 15-Aug-12 17:39:02

This is pathetic.

KickTheGuru Wed 15-Aug-12 17:40:18

Anyway!

That risotto does look lush. I think I am about to chuck a rack of lamb into some boiling water to defrost it.

Then going to do what my husband does when I am at work and quickly leg it around cleaning up and pretending I've been busy as all hell all day!

grin

MrGin Wed 15-Aug-12 17:43:40

KickTheGuru.

The Rick stein takes about two hours to make grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now