Question for single dads.......

(17 Posts)
NaturalNatures Thu 19-Jul-12 10:03:18

Haha is this mn dating now grin I'd second finding a hobby and meeting people that way. there's a website called meetup which has lots of different stuff going on although I plan to stay happily single

Lovemy3kids Thu 19-Jul-12 09:45:05

unfortunately Somebloke you live too far away from me.....looks like we will have to start something in our local areas. LOL at your creepy comment.....i never read it in that way grin

Somebloke Wed 18-Jul-12 22:44:12

Near Milton Keynes. Anyone else? ( Maybe I should have stuck a ;) on my last comment; it comes across as a bit creepy now I re-read it...)

Lovemy3kids Wed 18-Jul-12 09:33:31

Well Somebloke....where do you live?

Somebloke Tue 17-Jul-12 21:00:06

"Shall we all agree to meet somewhere then?"

Okay then. Where's good?

Lovemy3kids Mon 16-Jul-12 14:48:02

MrGin - Single mums think exactly the same! I have 3 DC and don't want anymore - so I have to either find a man who has DC himself, or a man who definitely doesn't want DC - and these are few and far between sad I also would hate to be with a man who feels guilty for spending time with me and my children and not their own children. As you are the NRP, I don't feel that you should feel guilty about spending less time with your DD, I am sure she knows that, whether you have a partner or not (with or without children), that you are spending as much time with her as you possibly can.

OcopusSocktopuss - I think that's a great idea....maybe we could all start something in our local area smile

Shall we all agree to meet somewhere then?
Us single mums have the same problem!!

MrGin Mon 16-Jul-12 07:48:32

<< forever alone >>

MrGin Mon 16-Jul-12 07:08:27

I've no idea.

Me personally as a single Dad ( NRP ) I really struggle with the idea of finding a new partner as they'd likely either have children, or want them.

If I was with a woman who had kids, I'd hope I'd eventually love her children as my own, but then I'd feel too guilty about not spending the same amount of time with my own dd.

And I don't think I want to start another family so I wouldn't want to waste a woman who wants kids time iyswim.

A shame as I'm such a catch < preens > in my dreams

Huansagain Sun 15-Jul-12 21:33:33

I tried Internet dating it was bonkers.

I've given up for now.

Lovemy3kids Sun 15-Jul-12 20:14:09

somebloke....same could be said for single men...lol!!

Eclecticshock - I don't have any passions as such....unfortunately :-(

EclecticShock Sat 14-Jul-12 23:01:46

I'm not single or a dad, but saw this on active convos. Could you join any interest groups, what are your passions?

Somebloke Sat 14-Jul-12 22:51:51

Meet single women? Buggered if I know how you do that... when you find out where these rare creatures congregate, let me know.

Snorbs Sat 14-Jul-12 21:28:30

I wish I knew. Between work and looking after the kids I barely have time to blow my nose let alone go dating.

Lovemy3kids Sat 14-Jul-12 21:20:35

I work full time and have 3 kids who have a better social life than me....so spare time is every other weekend when their at their dads! I was just wondering if the single dads find it easier to meet new people than single women (not only for friendship but for dating too) x

kahlua4me Sat 14-Jul-12 21:08:03

What about a single parents group?
My friend used to belong to one called gingerbread where she lived. She really enjoyed it and made some good friends too.

Lovemy3kids Sat 14-Jul-12 20:56:25

......where do you go or how do you meet single women? I have tried Internet dating and it's not for me....I just wondered what how you single dads meet new people.....????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now