The rolling Football thread

(956 Posts)
BelfastBloke Wed 08-Dec-10 10:28:19

There are quite a lot of football fans on MN, and also loads of football-haters. If we hide here in Dadsnet, none of the detractors will find us. But if they do, they are welcome to come here and moan.

You don’t have to be male to post here, of course. (No-one would say women can’t post in the Dadsnet section, just like no woman would EVER say men aren’t welcome on Mumsnet…)

Footy fans please sign in with

1. Which team you support.
2. Which team(s) you loathe.
3. How you are getting your kids to follow the correct team.
4. A thought on the season so far (Premiership/Championship/Champions’ League/FA Cup/League Cup/(el clasico?)/World Cup bids.

BelfastRingingOutForXmasBloke Sat 01-Jan-11 23:05:36

BelfastBloke (Arse)
Whathappened (Spurs)
KenDoddsDadsDog...(Sunderland)
Truckulent (a Midlands team)
Jenniferturkington (Notts County)
Purepurple (Sunderland, Blackpool)
Saltatrix (Arsenal)
Pan (Man Utd)
AVeryMerryPersonalClown (Spurs)

CraigRevelPan Mon 03-Jan-11 18:04:35

Beckham for Man U? Everyone knows we have no-one who can cross the ball - Valencia will be out for a while yet - Rooney and the Berb need role models still - the Wizard has form for loan periods for experienced players...

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 05-Jan-11 20:44:44

Chelsea & Liverpool getting beaten tonight!

CraigRevelPan Thu 06-Jan-11 18:00:40

I know we have been playing rubbish, and this is underlined by the fact we didn't play at all last night, and yet it was the best day of the season so far!

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 06-Jan-11 20:23:42

My DH is a Man U fan and he was saying the same. Big derby game for us soon, the banter has started!

BelfastBloke Fri 07-Jan-11 07:38:33

Arsenal played brilliantly on Wednesday night; I loved it, I absolutely luvved it.

But we couldn't score, though we hit the post loads of times. I did feel Robin VP was not quite on the same wavelength as all our tiny midfielders supplying him with the ball' I'd have been quite happy to see Chamak come on instead of him, even though he had the best shot of the game.

And the defence I've always been moaning about: I broke my own rule about giving new players (especially French) time to adjust to the Premiership. Robert Pires, Theirry Henry, all took a really long time to adjust, and then came good. Koscielny is now coming good, and I'm more optimistic.

Would hate it if Man U matched our Invincibles season; they've been through their bad patch. Can they go unbeaten like us?

cjdamoo Fri 07-Jan-11 07:41:45

1.Liverpool
2. Mancs
3. 3 outta 4 are liverpool, Ds 3 has been swayed by grandparents and is Arsenal
4. less said the better

cjdamoo Sat 08-Jan-11 17:12:28

The king is back!!!!

CraigRevelPan Sat 08-Jan-11 17:50:44

<snigger>

binx14 Sat 08-Jan-11 17:50:59

liverpool
man u (angry)
all liverppol supporters
bye bye roy hello kenny,now lerts hope the players get motivated and get some decent players in
and yes i know we have been awful but still gonna support them YNWA

CraigRevelPan Sun 09-Jan-11 12:38:02

ok. an hour to k.o. then another a couple of hours to another k.o.....ha.

CraigRevelPan Sun 09-Jan-11 15:33:21

should Gerrard be given a club fine? What little chance they had was stamped away. What was going through his head??

BelfastBloke Sun 09-Jan-11 16:08:29

Sat next to the Leeds fans at Arsenal yesterday. They were singing "ITV is fucking shit", all of them, loud enough to be heard on the TV (I assume).

Had to feed a baby in the last 20 of the ManU L'pool game. Did Owen have much impact? How did he look?

Were the L'pool fans singing, "Where were you for Istanbul?" when he came on?

BelfastBloke Wed 12-Jan-11 19:38:17

Come on you Gunners. Better to have a trophy than not.

Team looks ok tonight, although i would've dropped Arshavin after his nightmare on Sat.

Trublatmill Fri 14-Jan-11 01:17:02

1. Huddersfield Town (Born there but now live in Devon)
2. None really, but Leeds and Bradford are the teams HTFC fans love to hate.
3. Managed to persuade DD to be a mascot for Huddersfield when they came down to play Plymouth quite a few seasons ago but that was as far as it went. DS isn't in to football (@ 13) though I have managed to get him to a few games when HTFC are in the West Country.
4. Desperate for HTFC to gain promotion to the Championship, but they couldn't even increase the scoreline at home after Plymouth were down to 9 men last weekend. However, an away game against Arsenal in the FA Cup in a couple of weeks time could be fun !

Just popping back to have a little gloat to Kendodd and purepuple. By all accounts Notts fully deserved it, bring on Man City grin

(or Leicester, but we don't want to see Saint Sven back at The Lane in the opposition dug out sad)

BelfastBloke Fri 14-Jan-11 07:33:30

(Arsenal) - Saltatrix
(Arse) - BelfastBloke
(a Midlands team) - Truckulent
(Huddersfield Town) - Trublatmill
(Liverpool) - Binx14
(Liverpool) - cjdamoo
(Man. Utd) - Pan
(Notts County) - Jenniferturkington
(Spurs) - Whathappened
(Spurs) - AVeryMerryPersonalClown
(Sunderland) - KenDoddsDadsDog...
(Sunderland, Blackpool) - Purepurple

BelfastBloke Fri 14-Jan-11 07:38:27

Any bets on what Tottenham will be named in a few years' time?

Stratford Hotspur?
East End Hotspur?
Spurs of Stratford?

BelfastBloke Fri 14-Jan-11 19:15:24
CraigRevelPan Sat 15-Jan-11 18:15:37

that's all a bit sad isn't it? Sad as in really pathetic?

Nonetheless, bring them on tomorrow - United still need about 3 points for guarenteed safety..

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 16-Jan-11 07:53:24

Derby day today!

Pan Sun 16-Jan-11 09:38:29

yes, and time for atonement in the north-east. Or should that be revenge?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 16-Jan-11 09:41:14

Well we did lose to Notts County last week so anything could happen.

BelfastBloke Sun 16-Jan-11 09:48:51

Ah, today's a tasty day of fixtures. But I'm on a family event today and tomorrow, so won't get to see any of them. I'll already know the scores by the time I get to Sky Plussed matches back at my house on Monday night, so looks like MOTD2 will be my main chance to see stuff.

Come on you Spurs against the evil Man United!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now