Bicycle insurance

(4 Posts)
BusStopBetty Thu 16-Jun-16 21:08:48

Hello, can anyone recommend a decent insurer for a couple of bikes? Each worth under £ 350.

I did look at adding them to the home insurance, but the excess makes it not worthwhile.

lljkk Fri 17-Jun-16 18:44:03

usually home insurance is the cheapest bet, sorry.

BusStopBetty Fri 17-Jun-16 20:13:59

Really? Dammit. The excess is so high (because otherwise the insurance is extortionate) that it would barely be worth adding them.

prettybird Fri 17-Jun-16 22:29:17

My LV= insurance was good for bikes under £300 (might have been £250) and paid out very promptly They were included automatically in the home insurance (and didn't do "pro rata" as dh's bike, with the extra bits n piece, was worth more). Excess was only £50.

However, when I went to add all our bikes (including ds' excessively expensive ones), so that they we're insure closer to their true value, the additional premium was extortionate .

When my buildings & contents renewal came up for renewal, I shopped around and found a combined policy that covered the bikes as well as the house and contents for about the same "extra" shock that LV= wanted to charge just to include the bikes. (Was OneCall, underwritten by AXA) hmmshock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now