Finding this topic

(14 Posts)
SunshineAndShadows Tue 10-Nov-15 07:19:20

Probably a dumb question - sorry - I cannot find this topic from the talk menu

I've looked in the 'Health' section where the exercise topic is, and in 'Fun and Games' where the Sports topic is.

How do I navigate here from the talk menu page please?

Catzpyjamas Tue 10-Nov-15 07:21:11

It's under In the Club

SunshineAndShadows Tue 10-Nov-15 07:22:06

Thanks Catz

SunshineAndShadows Tue 10-Nov-15 07:26:11

Out of interest - anyone know why it's in 'In the Club' Its not exactly like Gransnet or Dadsnet is it??

Its not an intuitive place for anyone looking for cycling info to search, and as I've recently seen a few cycling - based queries on the general exercise thread, I'm assuming newbies can't find this topic.

Why not put it in 'Health'? Alongside the more generic exercise thread? Or Funa and Games alongside Sports? confused

Catzpyjamas Tue 10-Nov-15 16:21:51

hmm, no idea.. Any reason why, MNHQ??

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Jan-16 09:37:53

Hi all,

We put it in In The Club as we felt, at the time, that this was the best fit.
We don't have a sports section, but we could consider this as we get more topics.

lavendersun Fri 08-Jan-16 08:53:43

I agree that it is tricky to find. "Health" would be a much better fit as it contains "Exercise".

Yoga too, why not move them both to "Health".

prettybird Fri 08-Jan-16 12:30:26

I agree. "In the Club" isn't the intuitive place for it.

lljkk Sat 09-Jan-16 18:39:05

Can I echo the others, this is too hard to find and then it doesn't get used as much as it should.

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Tue 19-Jan-16 13:17:43

I have only ever found this topic on the rare occasion that something from Cycling appears in Active Conversations

Pannn Sat 30-Jan-16 13:59:39

Shall we do a request to move this somewhere more accessible then? Rebecca is suggesting it was a messy choice, and it certainly was! I'll do a Site Topic thing unless it's already been done. bike

AtiaoftheJulii Sat 05-Mar-16 14:54:07

Yeah, I was looking for this section having not read it for ages, and it took me far too long. Makes no sense at all imo - exercise and weights are in Health, sports is in Fun & Games ... MN needs some internal consistency wink

Veterinari Thu 27-Oct-16 23:13:12

Just wondering if anything came of this? (Clearly not as still 'in the club'!)

How is this the best fit? What is in the club even for??
Could all exercise/health/sport topics be grouped together rather than randomly scattered? It seems counter intuitive to create a new(ish) board, then set it up for failure by making it as inaccessible as possible!

cardoon Sat 29-Oct-16 17:40:26

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now