Billy Elliot the Musical - too much swearing for 6yo?

(5 Posts)
franch Fri 22-Jan-10 13:32:57

Given that DD1 doesn't know any 'bad words' at all yet AFAIK, would I regret taking her to Billy Elliot? A friend's in it and his 6yo's been twice, but then of course you would turn a blind eye if you were in it wouldn't you - I'd do the same rather than keep her away from a show her daddy was in.

I'm a bit of a swearer myself and it doesn't bother me but I gave it up (somehow) when I had kids and have no desire to hear 'language' coming from the DDs' mouths before I have to.

Contains VERY strong language, and pretty frequent too.
I really enjoyed it, but would not take my 8yo to see it.

wanker (frequently)

fuck (all the time)

various other 'lower level' swear words at all times!

FAB show though!

franch Fri 22-Jan-10 22:10:00

Hmm, sounds like I'll need to go with DH instead!

EsexGirl Sat 24-Aug-13 22:20:03

I know this is a bit late after the original post, but we have just seen Billy Elliot in London and I thought I'd just reiterate the previous comment that there is a LOT of swearing in this show. The only word they don't say is the 'c' word. Other than that it's pretty much constant. I went with an 8 year old and 12 year old, and with hindsight I don't think it was suitable for the 8 year old.

stillenacht Thu 03-Oct-13 06:57:37

I went to see it about 4 yrs ago. I walked out, dreadful. Little kids singing "wanker, wanker!" and that bloody awful Electricity (ie ripped off Blake Seven tune) tune... And it was dull.

Boring boring. I have a few pupils who perform in it.

Doesn't do it for me, highly overrated (like many musicals imo).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now