Matilda the Musical - what's it like in the cheap seats?

(8 Posts)
Ceolas Fri 25-Mar-16 21:48:18

Has anyone been and sat in the upper circle? I'm thinking of taking my 2 girls aged 9 and 7 but worried they won't see much up there. There are tickets available in row D.

Sootica Fri 25-Mar-16 21:57:09

www.theatremonkey.com/CAMBRIDGEbooking.htm#Th
Says Row D upper circle in the middle section is good value for money

We sat about there and it was absolutely fine, agree good value for money. I'd like to see it closer up but not necessary nor worth it.

Sootica Fri 25-Mar-16 21:58:15

Ps can't remember if that theatre has theatre glasses or not but I always take a pair of binoculars for each child if we're sat high up
The atmosphere and music is still fab regardless but it's nice to have the glasses for them to have a look every now again at the actors faces

Ceolas Fri 25-Mar-16 22:01:08

Good tip thank you!

BackInTheRealWorld Fri 25-Mar-16 22:04:15

All seats have binoculars...and tbh it's so brilliant I think they will be hooked anyway. I really want to go again.

You know it's 'kids go free week' soon?

www.kidsweek.co.uk/

Ceolas Fri 25-Mar-16 22:09:11

I didn't know that backintherealworld, thanks. Only problem being we're coming down from Glasgow so I'm not sure if it would be a gamble booking the flight and hotel now and leaving the tickets til later?

Sootica Fri 25-Mar-16 22:22:38

It would def be a gamble on tickets, Matilda sells out super quickly for kids week.

AgathaMystery Thu 07-Apr-16 10:32:32

It's the best musical we have ever seen. Frankly I'd watch it from the street if I could! Hope you love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now