Restaurants near Palace Theatre Manchester

(9 Posts)

Hi

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a quick bite before seeing a show at the Palace in Manchester pls. My friend and I are catching the train in to see Wicked next week and will have about an hour max to get some food.

TIA.

Sorry, should say, near to Oxford Rd station.

We've had the early bird theatre offer at the palace hotel a couple of times and it was lovely

Fairyloo Mon 21-Oct-13 21:32:41

Depends what you want there is a restaurant right opposite the palace called felicini which is lovely but ££ but is worth it.

Round the corner on
Portland st there is further Italians that do pre theatre offers. China town is also close by. I'd recommend yang sing.

Lastly on Portland st, there is Tops which is like a Buffett restaurant but the good is a pretty high standard. Big selection of Thai, Chinese, Indian, grilled stuff and an amazing, amazing Dessert selection. I normally hate all you can eat buffets with a passion but this was really worth it.

hTh

SirDoris Mon 21-Oct-13 21:35:18

Felicini is a nice Italian. Just across the road from the theatre. Would definitely work if you've only got an hour.
Or the Cornerhouse cinema does reasonable food if you're grabbing something quick. It's on the walk down from the station to the theatre.

Thank you! Really helpful!

Joejoe2009 Mon 21-Oct-13 22:38:29

There's also a pizza express on Oxford Rd - the same side as the Palace, but past it, on the way to Tesco. And I think there's also a new burrito bar on the same stretch, which should be good for quick eating. If you're pushed for time, next door to the cornerhouse is a cafe, prob only does sandwiches or similar, but does have a licence, so you could at least have a glass of wine. There's also what I think looks like a new bar right next door to the palace, but i've not been in so don't know if it does food.

noteventhebestdrummer Tue 22-Oct-13 08:13:11

Buffet City on Portland St is perfect, quick Chinese food, great choice. Better than Tops!

Thank you. All sound like just what we need!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now