Help: Song in Japanese for a recital?

(2 Posts)
ZZZenagain Fri 18-Oct-13 21:48:13

It's for my dd (13). She would like to sing something in Japanese for her recital coming up in November. (She does not speak Japanese but would manage to sing it). The teacher is fine with that and asked her to look for something. So far she hasn't come up with anything she could imagine singing but doesn't really know where to look.

Could anyone recommend anything? For instance usually she sings something traditional/Christian/fairly classical. She has been having lessons for about a year. She's not really looking for a pop song as I undestand it - but that would be ok too.

They will be winding up with Christmas carols, so maybe a Japanese Christmas carol (not sure if there are many Christians in Japan) or a traditional song like Sakura or something related to a Japanese Festival.

Could be anything really but I am not sure where to start.

ZZZenagain Fri 18-Oct-13 23:31:29

Have found one I really like which is Furusato (Homeland). Have to see if dd likes it and if it would suit an alto.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now