I haven't seen many Ballets but does anyone want to talk about some with me?

(7 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 18-May-13 11:45:21

Well I was completely blown away by Ballet Black

I have never been so enthralled watching ballet before in my life (my previous favourite was 'I got rhythm' from Northern Ballet followed by this year's 'The Great Gatsby') & the music - just wow (only one piece I really didn't like the music for although the dancing was spectacular)

& then the company came out afterwards to talk to DD's dance school

I was so impressed

OneHandFlapping Sun 12-May-13 11:45:34

I love Romeo and Juliette, and Mayerling - both dramatically choreographed, tragic, and wonderful music.

Just seen Mayerling is on at ROH NOW!!! And have probably missed it.

mynaughtylittlesister Sun 05-May-13 20:48:49

I have seen several balletsLa Fille Mal Garde, Copelia, Sleeping Beauty and The Nutcracker - My favourite Ballet by far is La Fille Mal Garde. It is a comedy ballet and I sat through it riveted to my seat. I really want to go and see it again.

noviceoftheday Sun 05-May-13 20:48:20

Would definitely recommend Giselle (my favourite) if you liked Swan Lake. Also a couple Christmassy ones -Cinderella and the nut cracker (philistine to suggest but I prefer the traditional versions to the Matthew Bourne productions). Also a couple of Shakespeare ones - Romeo and Juliet, and, midsummer s night dream.

KatyMac Sun 05-May-13 20:39:42

I found it quite mixed - I loved the Northern Ballet but Sleeping Beauty I think I was too close and it all looked really hard work rather than beautiful the Rambert was totally over my head

I'm off to see Ballet Black next week; but I'm not sure how I feel about that

PoppadomPreach Sun 05-May-13 20:36:42

I've only ever seen Giselle and it was amazing. I'm not a fan of opera, and was sceptical about ballet, but it is a completely different experience and I wouldn't hesitate so go to the ballet again.

KatyMac Sun 05-May-13 20:33:33

I've only seen a few:
Swan Lake
Sleeping Beauty
Labyrinth of love (Rambert)
I Got Rhythm (Northern Ballet)
Great Gatsby (Northern Ballet)

Anyone else seen them or anything else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now