Excited. My BF and I are going to the Lowry exhibition...

(7 Posts)

...at the Tate Britain in June. Anyone else going? I admit part of the excitement is being child-free, but it will be lovely to just enjoy some art at my own pace.

I love many artists, but liked Lowry from a young age. I like that he has made something lovely from an industrial backdrop with working people. So many other paintings by other artists are of monied people and/or beautiful places. That's one of the reasons I like his work.

Nobody?

BallerinaZeena Fri 26-Apr-13 18:57:51

Maybe. I'm not a big fan. I recommend the audio guides at Tate. Very good. Nice restaurant there too

Thanks for the tips. smile. I'm hoping I can go a couple of times a year now. I haven't been to the Tate Modern yet, or the V&A. I missed the film exhibition and Grace Kelly exhibition, I was sad

BallerinaZeena Fri 26-Apr-13 19:38:00

Tate Modern is good. You can get the Tate boat down the Thames from Britain to Modern and vice versa. You could do one in the morning and one in the afternoon smile You could get lunch in between on the south bank.

Oh that's a fab idea, thank you! grin

juneau Mon 06-May-13 17:52:34

I'm going to go - can't wait! DS2 just started nursery for two full days, so I'll probably go one of those days before the school holidays start. I'm absolutely loving having a bit of freedom to enjoy some culture again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now