La Traviata - ok for kids?

(4 Posts)
KatyTheCleaningLady Mon 20-May-13 18:36:12

She's a courtesan. Read the story on Wikipedia to decide if it's appropriate for your kids

Katisha Wed 27-Feb-13 09:40:29

Give it a go - there won't be anything shocking in it unless its a strange production. Is it in English or Italian? I suspect the 10 year old might get bored, but you never know...

Lilymaid Mon 25-Feb-13 16:05:26

I can't imagine anyone finding it shocking in the 21st Century. It is a good opera for novice audiences. I went to another Verdi opera when about that age - found it rather boring but worth the experience. It is good to expose children to all sorts of culture (especially before they are teenagers!)

mellowdramatic Mon 25-Feb-13 15:59:53

I don't know anything about Opera but this is going to be showing at a theatre near me. I am single and was going to take my 10 yo son. Will it be ok? I've read it's about a fallen woman but it can't be too bad can it?

Just like new experiences for us both and it's quite cheap - I think it would be a good night out but my friends would disagree so I can't go with them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now