What shall we see in London this weekend?

(8 Posts)
Pantah630 Mon 28-Jan-13 08:34:58

Advice even blush

Pantah630 Mon 28-Jan-13 08:34:24

We saw The 39 Steps and it was fabulous. Hilariously funny and a great cast, three of four playing the majority of the characters exceptionally well. British humour at it's best. Thank you for the advise and recommendations.

Pantah630 Fri 25-Jan-13 09:13:23

I think they are going to walk me from station to Bloomsbury then make their way back to whichever museum they're visiting first. I'll see if they can check it out early, thanks mimo for the advice. DH loved the book and we all enjoyed the BBC adaption a couple of years ago so it looks like the logical choice for us smile

mimolette Fri 25-Jan-13 06:54:51

39 Steps is brilliant and you can often get cheap ticket deals on line. The tkts booth in Leicester square is great but gets very busy on Saturdays and tends not to have as much available so I wouldn't necessarily count on it (or make sure you get there early).

Pantah630 Fri 25-Jan-13 06:41:27

Thanks Tilly, will send them there on Saturday, also to the Wyndham in case any tickets have been returned for Quartermaine's Terms.

bigTillyMint Thu 24-Jan-13 15:34:42

If you go to the ticket booth in Leicester Square, you might get a bargain. We saw Billy Elliot recently (DC aged 11 - 13) and LOVED it.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 24-Jan-13 15:31:35

Bump for Pantah

Pantah630 Wed 23-Jan-13 15:54:29

Am in London at the weekend an MN Academy course, DH and DS2 will be visiting museums, etc while I'm busy studying. We're hoping to take in a show on Saturday evening but not into musicals, I'd love to see Twelfth Night but they're not keen, do we go and see The 39 steps, Mousetrap or something else? DS is 13, we've seen War Horse already. Are we likely to be able to get tickets on the day? Any recommendations please smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now