Has anyone seen Slava's Snowshow?

(6 Posts)
annh Mon 26-Nov-12 22:09:11

I took my sons a number of years ago and I think the youngest was only 5. I'm sure I remember at the time that the guidance was 5+. Anyway, they both loved it and didn't find it scary at all.

Bramshott Thu 22-Nov-12 13:29:00

Don't want to dripfeed, but my goddaughter is visually impaired (but has some sight) and the performance I want to go to is audio described with a "touch tour" beforehand in case anyone has any guidance on that aspect in particular.

Bramshott Thu 22-Nov-12 11:05:58

Thanks - that's really useful. I think I'll ask her mum if she'd be happy for me to take her.

smee Thu 22-Nov-12 11:05:50

We went last Christmas when DS was 7 and he loved it. It is surreal, but rather wonderful I thought. Nicely old fashioned with lots of mime and illusions and the snow's fantastic as it falls in the auditorium.

If you can, sit in the first bit of the stalls as at the end there's masses of daftness with huge inflatable balls which they bounce round over people's heads. Bit pricey, but worth it if you can. We were a way back, but walked down into it all and joined in anyway. grin

bitsofmeworkjustfine Thu 22-Nov-12 10:55:47

we didnt see the 8+ warning and took our 5 yr old and an 8 year old to see it. They both loved it! although it was surreal and we couldnt follow it, they loved it.

the opening when we saw it was a character with a rope around his neck as if he was going to hang himeslef DH and I looked at each other but it did get better.

she still talks about it now and she is 9

Bramshott Thu 22-Nov-12 10:52:55

It says on the website it's for 8+, but I'm just wondering if it would be suitable for my goddaughter who is a fairly robust 7 year old . . .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now