What do kids collect these days?

(6 Posts)
1borneveryminute Thu 15-Nov-12 16:57:05

When I was a kid, I used to collect stickers, in particular (and I'm not proud to say this), trash can trolls... Anyway, I was wondering what kids collect these days? My daughter is 4 and not really collecting anything yet, I guess they start a little later?
Just curious as we've been talking about trash can trolls today in the office, brought back some fun memories (and wondering why on earth we were attracted by those horrendous stickers).

Ds collects Match Attack cards, stamps and fridge magnets. I think he started at about 4 or 5.

Probably those moshi monster things. I'm lucky in that DS1 has so far shown no interest - but as he's started school I fear it's only time.

He's liking the angry birds Star Wars things but hasn't asked about "collecting". Yet.

Themumsnot Thu 15-Nov-12 17:06:49

Moshi monsters. DD is obsessed.

Bluestocking Thu 15-Nov-12 17:16:49

My son has collected or is collecting Pokemon cards, Club Penguin cards, Moshi Monsters (cards and little creatures), Gogos Crazybones, Panini football cards, Olympic fifty pence pieces, Lego minifigures. There may be other things but these are the main ones! Oh, and Indian brassware, but I'm willing to admit that this may just be him and not a typical eight year old boy's interest.

gaelicsheep Sat 16-Feb-13 21:06:40

DS collects the Disney Cars cars. Gets expensive but I figure it's fairly worthwhile as he roleplays with them loads. We're talking maybe one every couple of months.

Moshi Monsters and all things of that ilk. WTF? Things produced purely for kids to spend their money collecting, they drive me mad.

The worst thing was last week when DH took DS to our local soft play and they gave him a new Bungees thing. 96 figures, 96 bases and 96 stickers to collect. Oh brilliant. Hopefully the novelty will wear off very sharpish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now