Ice age on tour - 6 out of 10

(1 Post)
bacon Wed 31-Oct-12 17:30:20

We did spend a fortune seeing this in Cardiff a fews ago and wonder if there was any other reviewers as I was slightly disappointed.

The storyline was very fragmented and wonder if my children had a clue what was going on. The story to me was very odd and at many a time didnt have a clue what was going on. The sound wasn't the best slightly muffled. It was monotonousness and towards the end I was begging it to end I was seriously losing the will and with the interim it was a long sit for young children. There were some excellent gymnastics/show pieces which did keep me awake. The end was the hi-light with lots of umff, fireworks and skating.

You may say its aimed for the enjoyment of children but for £30 a seat I do want to be entertained. It was late starting 15 mins or so, electrical cut & interim - it was long! As usual the tat was being forced so my children were begging for this and that (we refused), one child had emotional breakdown at one point and the annoying continual rattling of sweet wrappers spoilt my relaxation.

We have been to theatres shows before which seemed a lot more entertaining and somewhat cheaper. Luckily there are a number of small theatres around here and think these will provide better value in future.

For the overall cost & entertainment -value for money I can only give it 6/10. If you miss the tour - not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now