What is your favourite musical?

(47 Posts)
lunamoon Sat 21-Apr-12 23:30:49

Hi,
That's it really.
Mine is a tie between Annie, Les Mis and Phantom.

gaelicsheep Sat 16-Feb-13 21:10:59

Lovely to hear someone mention Martin Guerre. I was at the final London performance in London and I love the later version on DVD. Gutted that I missed it on tour, it is a vastly underrated score.

But as for favourites, Les Mis and Miss Saigon are almost tied, but I think Miss Saigon takes it for me because I loved it sooo much the first time I saw it.

simplesusan Fri 09-Nov-12 22:36:45

Pheasant- That's a shame. Was it still good though?

SirBoobAlot Sun 28-Oct-12 09:56:28

Saw Michael Ball in Hairspray, and that was amazing.

Les Mis, obviously, is fantastic. I cried at least three times.

Wicked is probably my ultimate favourite though.

I am currently smitten with the Love Never Dies soundtrack...

Fiderer Sun 28-Oct-12 09:52:43

The Music Man.
And High Society.
Love the music from West Side Story more than the music in those two but the story is so sad it makes me sob.

BoyMeetsWorld Sun 28-Oct-12 08:03:32

Children of Eden by Stephen Schwartz...simply amazing

TempusFunghi Sun 28-Oct-12 07:54:18

We saw Matilda last year and we all thought it was wonderful. All the actors were fantastic, the songs are catchy and funny, there are dramatic parts and loads of comedy, it really was the perfect show. Tim Minchin, I salute you.

EmmalinaC Sun 28-Oct-12 07:48:53

So many to choose from!

DD went to see Matilda in the summer and we bought the CD which we've been listening to in the car - it's fabulous! Tim Minchin is a genius.

My personal all-time favourite was Miss Saigon. Not been on in London for years now.

I also love Sondheim - there's a production of Merrily We Roll along opening at the fantastic Menier Chocolate Factory in Southwark in a couple of weeks!

RockySpeed Sun 28-Oct-12 07:33:39

Ooh west side story for me, NEVER get bored of it - or the songs!

simplesusan We got the First Cover as Adam Cooper was indisposed sad

EvilTwins Sat 27-Oct-12 17:18:14

Another Sondheim fan here. I love Merrily, Into The Woods, Assassins and Company, but also Sweeney Todd.

Hate Lloyd Webber- so simplistic in comparison.

I took the DTDs to see Matilda last Sunday and absolutely LOVED it. The kids in it are SO talented.

Mandz07 Sat 27-Oct-12 17:13:53

Mine has to be calamity Jane & bugsy Malone x

SimpleSusan - will do. Am so looking forward to Adam Cooper! Loved him years ago in Royal Ballet productions, and in Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake

ChoccyJules Sat 27-Oct-12 13:57:40

Les Mis for me. I even managed to read the book (a long time ago when I had time to read), it took best part of a year!

simplesusan Sat 27-Oct-12 13:53:12

Pheasant-please tell us what Singing in the Rain is like, hope you have a good time.
I too would love to see this especially with Adam Cooper in it.

I saw Cabaret last night at The Savoy. My God it was good. Will Young (and I've never been a fan) was mesmerising.

I'm seeing Singing in the Rain on Saturday. Filmwise it is one of my all time favourites. I'm looking forward to seeing Adam Copper dance.

Pagwatch Mon 10-Sep-12 11:59:09

High Society. I love everything about it and everything Grace Kelly wears in it.

From about 15 I have wanted to look exactly like that.

And West Side Story. I cry every time.

CleoSmackYa Mon 10-Sep-12 11:56:39

Can I have Rocky Horror?

Bugger, I forgot Fiddler!

Wow, I don't know! Les Misérables, Miss Saigon, Martin Guerre, Phantom, Jesus Christ Superstar... Don't make me choose! confused

bacon Mon 10-Sep-12 11:51:26

Fiddler on the roof - fantastic! Strong emotional storyline based on facts. Strong tunes - amazing

bigbadbarry Sun 13-May-12 08:14:53

Les mis and blood brothers. I like a good cry.

swooosh Sun 13-May-12 08:14:27

I love Wicked, Priscilla and The Lion King. I've seen plenty and enjoyed them all. I'm going to see the Wizard of Oz today for the second time in as many weeks, so yeah, I love that one too grin

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 13-May-12 08:08:15

Love Les Mis (seen it twice) but my favourite has to be Billy Elliot.

BikeRunSki Sun 13-May-12 08:00:54

West Side Story. Without a doubt.

South Pacific. I'm old school grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now