Fred Olsen Norwegian Fjords Cruise with toddler

(6 Posts)
Chocolateorangegirl Sun 24-Jan-16 23:24:00

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can advise. Me, my DH and DD have got the opportunity to travel on the Fred Olsen Fjords cruise with my parents. We've never been on a cruise before but have done some reading up. We're aware that this cruise liner is not normally geared towards families.

We're trying to work out whether it would be suitable for us at all. DD would only be 2.5 at the time of cruising but there would essentially be 4 adults to help look after her. Also how restrictive are meals etc and as she has some food allergies will that be a massive problem? We'd be eager to go if we could say that our LO won't be miserable and hungry. (Or in turn make anyone else miserable!) If anyone has any advice it would be mucky appreciated!

Chocolateorangegirl Mon 25-Jan-16 17:25:58

Bump

amysmummy12345 Mon 25-Jan-16 17:46:34

Is there anything on trip advisor or the companies website that alludes to whether or not it would be suitable? When I see them advertised I always imagine them to be the kind of holidays couples/retired folk go on... I could be wrong though! Good luck 😊

IamtheZombie Mon 25-Jan-16 18:22:13

Fred Olsen ships are small and friendly. They don't have kids clubs but with 4 of you to keep her entertained on sea days you should be fine.

Food shouldn't be a problem at all. Lots of people have allergies / intolerances. In addition to your restaurant, food is also usually served buffet style in the Lido at breakfast and lunch. There will be a lot of choice.

Please go. The fjords are stunning.

Oddly enough Zombie's Fred Olsen Fjords brochure arrived in the post today.

Madbengalmum Thu 28-Jan-16 18:21:58

Fred olsen are generally aimed at the erm, older end of the cruisng market.

enolagayits0815 Mon 24-Oct-16 14:58:58

It'd be great, they have school holiday cruises with plenty of children on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now