How to get a bargain?

(13 Posts)
ToesInTheSand Tue 25-Aug-15 20:43:19

Hi,
Considering a cruise, but need a bargain! I'd like somewhere like the Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda ...
We are very flexible with when we can go - where can we book last-minute? Any tips? Thanks.

(Two adults, one 5yo, one baby.)

GinandJag Tue 25-Aug-15 22:02:18

You could try booking through an American travel agent.

ToesInTheSand Wed 26-Aug-15 12:59:08

Thank you - any in particular?

HettyD Wed 26-Aug-15 21:31:10

Have a look at any cruise company (P&O, celebrity, princess etc), cruisesline, bolsover or similar companies. They will all offer great last minute bargains if you are flexible as they have to pay the overheads anyway...

ToesInTheSand Wed 26-Aug-15 22:29:06

Thanks. Would I just email direct to find a last-minute bargain?

nmg85 Wed 02-Sep-15 11:11:54

Either look online or ring them. Only issue with those areas last minutes are the costs of flights will be high so often don't actually save anything

ToesInTheSand Wed 02-Sep-15 13:06:44

Thank you - am discovering that re the flights! Oh to live in America.

Chewbecca Wed 02-Sep-15 13:11:27

We've found agents to always be cheaper than direct booking with the line.

We've used iglu and cumbria (now gobbled up by coop) who were both fine and cheaper than direct booking. Last minute deals with Iglu often include flights so no need to pay high last minute fares.

I still feel we could do better though and am still on the hunt...

budgiegirl Wed 02-Sep-15 22:53:43

Try Vacations To Go, they have a 90 day ticker which shows lots of cruises sailing in the next 90 days, sometimes there are some incredible bargains

IAmNotDarling Wed 02-Sep-15 23:11:59

I've booked though Extra Mile Travel for all cruises and he (Martin) has beat everyone including putting together tailored packages to get the best deal. My family found him about ten years ago and we don't go anywhere else. Ring him and tell him what you fancy, budget and dates.

(I'm not related or connected to the business in anyway)

ToesInTheSand Sat 05-Sep-15 20:46:23

Many thanks!
Will try these options!

LilRedWG Sat 05-Sep-15 20:47:29

Cruise.co.uk are meant to be good.

Star2015 Sat 26-Dec-15 20:49:27

Cruise nation are really cheap smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now