Cruise with kids?

(9 Posts)
AndreaDawn Sat 20-Jul-13 21:09:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

DoubleMum Tue 30-Apr-13 11:25:21

You probably won't spend much time in the cabins

bethanystew11 Tue 30-Apr-13 11:12:16

Thank you. I will try both of them, I have been looking on www.cruise.co.uk before, some good deals on there, plus you can ring them, but I don't think you can on Cruise Critic.

Also with the cabins would 2 Suites be too much? Or do you think I should book 2 Balcony cabins. How much time will I be spending inside the cabins? Is it more time outside and just sleeping and getting ready in the cabins?

DoubleMum Sat 27-Apr-13 15:18:22

With 5 of you, it may end up being cheaper to book 2 cabins than a suite. Virtually every cabin on regular cruise ships will only sleep a maximum of 4.

www.CRUISE.co.uk

Try these guys too.

There are some great Cruise boards with lots of experts on this - I'm still a novice when it comes to cruising!

Google Cruise Critic, that's one, I'll see if I can post a link to the other one I've found helpful.

bethanystew11 Fri 26-Apr-13 12:00:40

Thanks for the reply!

As I am a teacher I can only do the school holidays. I have been searching around and Royal Caribbean looks good for children's activities. Have you heard anything about them, if they are good or not? How many people do the cabins hold?

I've only crusied with Thomson, and found them really good value and kid-friendly.

If you are flexible with regards to dates and destinations, that's where the bargains will be found. If you want sepcific dates and places, then you'll pay more. Where will you all sleep? In one suite? That might be a consideration too, as there are fewer of those available.

bethanystew11 Tue 23-Apr-13 15:07:30

Hello,

I am considering booking a cruise. But I do not know whether to book a 2013 cruise (last min) or a 2014 cruise. I want to go on the Celebrity Reflection as I have heard that this ship is fantastic. I will be with a family of 5. 2 adults, 3 children. Ages: 4, 9,14 Would you recommend this ship for family and children's activities. Or do you think another cruise ship? Also do you recommend that I go on the reflection in 2013 or the celeb reflection in 2014?

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now