MSC ?

(9 Posts)
AndreaDawn Sat 20-Jul-13 21:06:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Bumply Sun 14-Jul-13 18:18:12

Just back from my cruise and it was great.
Buffet was fine for ds1 just wanting snack or chips/burgers
Ate in restaurant in evenings when food was good quality and service excellent and they knew about ds2 needing gluten free food and brought his own special bread and advised which options were suitable, some having to be without sauces) and let him have two puddings when he couldn't choose between 2 suitable options. Breakfast in restaurant they supplied gluten free bread/muffin and croissants and gave us a napkin if we wanted to take some away for later.
Yes, pool and buffet could get very busy, but we just picked our time. Getting up early to have the pool to ourselves before breakfast.
Ds2 came on some trips with me. Ds1 being a slightly difficult teen wasn't interested in trips, but was old enough to go to the gym and just did his own thing - reading books he'd brought with him.
A couple of days both boys stayed on board while I did sightseeing which was really peaceful for me rather than trying to drag reluctant whining kids around.
Everything was very clean and well organised.
Worked our really well as holiday for a single mum with 11 and 15 year olds. Already saving up to go again

HomelessAngua Tue 04-Jun-13 19:11:45

Just back from Norway with MSC - ship very clean but staff not so good with a few notable exceptions and the supervisors telling staff off in front of customers and really really long waits to get served at the bars.

We won't be using MSC again.

SewCrafty Mon 29-Apr-13 19:53:42

We went on the MSC Divina last Oct half term, departed Venice for 7 nights, to Istanbul and back. Loved it. Ship was fab. Shows were great. Meals were ok, not superb. Avoid the buffet and eat in the restaurants, all included in price. Be prepared for the rude Italians/Spanish and French. We were regularly mowed down and barged out of the way on in the lifts and at the buffet. It was a bargain price (kids free) so would def consider again. Any other questions??

malteserzz Wed 17-Apr-13 21:34:59

That's the one I'm looking at too on the fantasia

Bumply Wed 17-Apr-13 18:20:15

east med starting from Venice, 7 nights.
I'm just glad I've found something the 15 year old agreed to (on the proviso we don't drag him off ship on any of the day trips).

malteserzz Wed 17-Apr-13 17:15:40

Hope so ! I've got my eye on one for October half term where's yours to ?

Bumply Wed 17-Apr-13 07:05:32

I'm hoping its like the reviews you get for Butlins/Pontins - we loved the latter and I'm determined to enjoy the MSC cruise we recently booked for July.

malteserzz Wed 17-Apr-13 06:58:51

Has anyone cruised with MSC ? There are some awful reviews but also some great ones ! We're not used to luxury, been with Thomson, carnival, p and o and celebrity and enjoyed them all. Surely they can't be that bad !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now